• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

2 minutes ago, chara said:

You ARE kidding?

Not at all mate, maybe only seeing them live I didn't get the best view but thought they all looked very simple, easy saves.

The fact that you have replied like that makes me seriously question my judgement though!

JaneB   
19 minutes ago, Ham said:

Onto Emma Raducanu now to cap a brilliant Saturday.  

Massively impressive young woman.  

Hear hear 👏🏻 She is awesome!!!

My favourite girl’s name too.

Come on Emma!!!

(Wrong thread I know but being a little flexible tonight)

Strange game. Poor performance really. But an emphatic win. Tough start for Saul, and CHO struggled as a wing back. Some crucial saves from Mendy and a block from Silva kept us ahead at half time. When he came on, Jorginho settled our midfield. Nice finish from Kovacic to put the game out of reach. Just look up and get the ball to Lukaku should be our tactic this season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

CHO is just not good enough and I don't think he ever will be. Not one part of his game impresses me enough to think he will ever make it here.

I can't disagree, but there must be something in him that the club and TT see that we don't. 

Let's be honest, if TT did not think he was good enough, he would not be in the squad. Playing a 100 games at an age of 20 is no small feat, which would also mean that multiple managers have deemed him good enough. 

I think CHO might be a case like Andreas'. A lot of fans thought he was not good enough either, but he surely is proving a lot of us wrong. I feel CHO might be on a similar mould. But as of this moment, I feel, he really really need to go out on loan. 

Sometimes the win is more important than the performance. We were not terrible but we wouldnt have won a year ago.

• Like 3

Shocked to read some on here not appreciating what Mendy did today… without him, we lose today, simple as that. He did make some simple saves, but he also made some very good saves, one double save in particular stood out.

As for CHO, it’s such a tricky one, because we must not forget the injury he had at such a young age and so early in his career, no doubt that has not helped him. I think he needs to get himself a loan, because he needs consistent game time in the men’s game, something he’s never ever had at any level and would make a huge difference. I think a loan to Germany would be ideal for him I really do. He has the raw talent, but something not quite right at the moment, something holding him back but unfortunately he definitely has some people in his camp who believe he made it ages ago and if he’s got that in his ear, it’s not going to help.

15 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I can't disagree, but there must be something in him that the club and TT see that we don't. 

Let's be honest, if TT did not think he was good enough, he would not be in the squad. Playing a 100 games at an age of 20 is no small feat, which would also mean that multiple managers have deemed him good enough. 

I think CHO might be a case like Andreas'. A lot of fans thought he was not good enough either, but he surely is proving a lot of us wrong. I feel CHO might be on a similar mould. But as of this moment, I feel, he really really need to go out on loan. 

Don't like to blow my own trumpet but watched a lot of Christensen at youth level and said he was the best young centre half I had seen since John Terry. I also made the claim that there was absolutely no doubt he would make it here and be a top, top quality player.

Just saying.....

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Shocked to read some on here not appreciating what Mendy did today… without him, we lose today, simple as that. He did make some simple saves, but he also made some very good saves, one double save in particular stood out.

To be fair I think it's just me and as I said to Chara maybe it was the fact that I was there and haven't seen any of it back on TV yet. From where I was, they all looked like run of the mill saves.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As for CHO, it’s such a tricky one, because we must not forget the injury he had at such a young age and so early in his career, no doubt that has not helped him. I think he needs to get himself a loan, because he needs consistent game time in the men’s game, something he’s never ever had at any level and would make a huge difference. I think a loan to Germany would be ideal for him I really do. He has the raw talent, but something not quite right at the moment, something holding him back but unfortunately he definitely has some people in his camp who believe he made it ages ago and if he’s got that in his ear, it’s not going to help.

Just now, Martin1905 said:

To be fair I think it's just me and as I said to Chara maybe it was the fact that I was there and haven't seen any of it back on TV yet. From where I was, they all looked like run of the mill saves.

Fair enough, always different in the stadium… desperate to get back and feel that for myself ASAP (bloody Covid!).

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Don't like to blow my own trumpet but watched a lot of Christensen at youth level and said he was the best young centre half I had seen since John Terry. I also made the claim that there was absolutely no doubt he would make it here and be a top, top quality player.

Just saying.....

Fair enough in that case. 

For me, he seemed very light weight. Still does to be fair. Always thought he would need to add muscle (not a goretzka level transformation but a natural progression of hitting the gym). 

Regarding CHO, let's not forget that he was as good, if not better than sancho at youth level. The talent is definitely there and no chance it comes out sitting on the bench.

Edited by didierforever