• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

42 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As for CHO, it’s such a tricky one, because we must not forget the injury he had at such a young age and so early in his career, no doubt that has not helped him. I think he needs to get himself a loan, because he needs consistent game time in the men’s game, something he’s never ever had at any level and would make a huge difference. I think a loan to Germany would be ideal for him I really do. He has the raw talent, but something not quite right at the moment, something holding him back but unfortunately he definitely has some people in his camp who believe he made it ages ago and if he’s got that in his ear, it’s not going to help.

I noticed that when asked about today’s lacklustre team performance, Tuchel mentioned Saul and Hudson Odoi. The latter in regard to being played out of position as a wing back. He did go up front into his favoured attacking role when Azpi came on and Havertz went off. Only for Azpi, as wing back, to smartly set up Lukaku for the third goal, while CHO continued to labour. 

chara   
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think this probably sums it up for me, I can't remember that many saves that he has made that have made me go Wow, but I think it's because he somehow makes it so easy,  he never makes those saves, because he doesn't need to.

If that's the case he is nothing short of a freak.

That is as great a compliment for a keeper as you can make..... because I naturally watch a keeper closely and not just the dramatic moments or a general view I think maybe I pickup a lot of unheralded almost inside stuff...not a special ability just a result of playing there I guess and interested..any keeper will probably say the same.....I have got to the stage with Mendy that I expect him to be safe and steady rather than hope!.....I have great respect for his application and they shall not pass attitude!

Compare TC in his arrogance.......

chelboy   

I think it’s obvious CHO needs a loan before we can fully know his level. He looks like a player who knows he isn’t getting into this team consistently. I think he will be gone in January especially if Ziyech stays during Afcon. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Shocked to read some on here not appreciating what Mendy did today… without him, we lose today, simple as that. He did make some simple saves, but he also made some very good saves, one double save in particular stood out.

Absolutely, the double save would not have been done by many. We are keeping clean sheets not just from his direct actions but the confidence the defence have in him (as do I)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chara said:

Good to be reading views from guys at SB at last....what was the atmosphere like and the new seating stuff?...for close up stuff the TV is great, especially lip reading Mungo's cursing after his assist!.... but nothing beats the game attendance...miss it a lot.

Not keen on the rails myself, we always stood anyway and they kind of just seem a bit alien, sure I'll get used to it but I can see some of us falling over them in the height of celebration!

Atmosphere at both games has been good, better than it has been in a long time , the next couple won't be quite the same though, so many tickets up for sale for the Zenith and Villa game in the cup, it will be a complete different clientele. I don't know anyone that is going to either, just buying them up for the loyalty points and selling them on.

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think it’s obvious CHO needs a loan before we can fully know his level. He looks like a player who knows he isn’t getting into this team consistently. I think he will be gone in January especially if Ziyech stays during Afcon. 

he is not going until either a replacement arrives or Barkley and RLC get game time to prove they can do an AM job instead.
So long as he is being picked ahead of those two, then the club needs him - and the club are paying him enough to set the rules.

From his point of View though I entirely agree.

8 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Absolutely, the double save would not have been done by many. We are keeping clean sheets not just from his direct actions but the confidence the defence have in him (as do I)

I think many would have made it, and all would have made the second save.  What has put the save ratio of all our keepers (Kepa when selected too) so much higher is a stronger defence doesn't overcommit.  It is just harder to score against us.  
(Still, he has become a very impressive and consistent keeper for us).

Edited by Droy was my hero

28 minutes ago, chara said:

Good to be reading views from guys at SB at last....what was the atmosphere like and the new seating stuff?...for close up stuff the TV is great, especially lip reading Mungo's cursing after his assist!.... but nothing beats the game attendance...miss it a lot.

Just got back in home from the game. First half, Mendy is at my end - excellent and top class from him. 

Best one for me was the save at 1-0 when Watkins shot low and to Mendy’s right, Watkins shaped to go one side and whipped it near post at pace. A great save. As a former keeper how’d you see it?

Far better second half, once Jorginho got control of the ball. One of those players, you don’t miss until you don’t have him to hand. 

Edited by East Lower

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

(Which is not saying that he has become a very impressive and consistent keeper for us).

He has and he is

22 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I noticed that when asked about today’s lacklustre team performance, Tuchel mentioned Saul and Hudson Odoi. The latter in regard to being played out of position as a wing back. He did go up front into his favoured attacking role when Azpi came on and Havertz went off. Only for Azpi, as wing back, to smartly set up Lukaku for the third goal, while CHO continued to labour. 

Absolutely spot on.

Is it too late to get him a two year loan somewhere, like Christensen had? I fear his family have, in many ways, held back his footballing development for short-term financial gains.