• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

1 hour ago, chara said:

I do hate the first game back after the IB.... still games to go and the worry of any injuries yet to come...even if just a niggly one..at this stage of the season we would hope all the squad would be up and literally running.

I suspect Lukaku will miss this one but hopefully we will be able to see how Saul combines with Mount ....intriguing game to come...

🙌🏿 Agreed Mr Chara 🧨

Interesting a couple of people seem to be suggesting Saul as more of a forward option. I think we would be much more likely to see Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech and even CHO before that happened personally. For me we will only ever see Saul as part of that midfield 2 and maybe as a LWB in a pinch. 

Mendy

Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - Kovacic - Alonso

Mount - Lukaku - Werner

Perhaps Silva gets some minutes if he isn't banned after missing internationals and Chilwell could play to get some minutes in his legs but Alonso is playing so well it's hard to drop him.

Also... I've never heard of Kung Flu either.

6 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Interesting a couple of people seem to be suggesting Saul as more of a forward option.

Personally I'm just waiting to see what kind of player he is, rather than which hole he will fill.  The only holes are CM4 and AM7.  But I suspect he will be aiming higher than that.

9 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Chilwell could play to get some minutes in his legs but Alonso is playing so well it's hard to drop him.

Yes it has been a pretty wasteful summer for Chilwell.  Without the Gilmour cuddle, he might have been playing the EC final, but compared to Mount he was too marginal a player.
From what we have seen Alonso should keep his place.  But TT has had both in training at Cobham for a fortnight, and he might have seen something else.  
It also seems harsh on Alonso that during the 2 week break he has to go flat out head to head with Chilwell in order to keep his place after some fine performances.

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Perhaps Silva gets some minutes if he isn't banned after missing internationals

Yet another interesting point raised in one brief post.
Yes damned and quarantined if you do, damned and banned if you don't.
If Silva is planning on playing for Brazil in Dec 2022 in Qatar he'll need another year on his contract at Chelsea or at least a v good level.
And if Silva is planning to play at a top club level in 22/23, he can't afford to be travelling for Brazil games.  Tricky for him and others.

Brazil can do one. That is a truly abysmal decision, on their part.

Punish players for not travelling to red zone countries in a global pandemic. Great idea.

3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Punish players for not travelling to red zone countries in a global pandemic. Great idea.

Well when their own President doesn't believe in it...

bert19   
3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

FIFA should be telling them where to go.  The whole situation has been a complete and utter shambles and further highlights just how stupid this International break is.  

My XI (based on what it looks like will be available) 

Mendy 

Trev Christensen Rudiger 

Azpi Jorginho Kovacic Alonso 

Pulisic Werner Mount 

Ideally, I'd like to play Lukaku and a couple of others, but the games are about to come thick and fast & we've got Spurs away and a no-doubt extra-motivated Man City coming as well as two CL games & the League Cup.  So little point taking many risks at this stage. 

I'd be well chuffed if we bully and batter Villa on our way to a victory though.  I haven't forgotten the behaviour of Grealish & co that went unpunished on the final day of last season.  I'd like to smash them. 

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Anything that encourages players to drop international football is fine by me.  

Just now, bert19 said:

FIFA should be telling them where to go. 

FIFA is about international football maintain a higher position than league football - after all the whole voting structure is about givine Andorra as many votes as the English FA.  

To be fair to Brazil at least they have proper WC qualifiers.

image.png.356e22412c434e59d443c89cf336e6ce.png

and England

image.png.12f217bb9cf6328e0809fa830740099f.png
After we need to win 2 more games - a semi and a final in a mini knockout to take 4 groups winners down to one finalist (and 12 group winners to 3 WC qualifiers).

Brazil has some tasty games there - in fact all 90 games (18 each) are proper football.
We play 6 absolute time wasters, 4 easily winnable games, and just two critical games in the knockout round 2.

JaneB   
44 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Outrageous.

And yet Richarlison will be allowed to play because apparently Everton have a 'good relationship' with the Brazilian FA.

Stinks.