• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea sign Saul Niguez on season long loan

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Any news on a squad number?

15, 17 and 18 available

Didn't he say he wanted #17?

Also I wonder if Mason is going to get supplanted as Jane's avatar?

13 hours ago, JaneB said:

Steady now Jane...;)

Good move to get him in on loan in order to assess whether his dramatic drop in form is due to mental reasons, fatigue or that he just needed a change of scenery or a new managewr who's beliefs in him matches his own. 

No doubt a fantastic addition if he can return to his old form. If not, no major risk taken and back he goes to A Madrid next summer. We desperately needed a fourth midfielder and now we have it. 

Is it just me or is he giving mixed signals about joining us. Seems he really wanted to stay at AM.

He describes us a great f***ing team yet 3 days before the window closed he told his wife he didn't want to leave spain. I hope its all in the translation, I only want committed players.

Ham   
1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

Is it just me or is he giving mixed signals about joining us. Seems he really wanted to stay at AM.

He describes us a great f***ing team yet 3 days before the window closed he told his wife he didn't want to leave spain. I hope its all in the translation, I only want committed players.

We have a history with AM players desperate to return home early. 

33 minutes ago, Ham said:

We have a history with AM players desperate to return home early. 

Maybe thats all he is doing, its obviously a nice place to be and he is in theory only on loan so maybe keeping the door open

https://www.fotmob.com/news/uf2dduu1t5c810liqqbzcyuuk/atleti's-saul-reveals-gruesome-after-effects-of-kidney-injury

Have to say I was not aware of this. Happened a few years ago, but its a story that passed me by.

Whilst he has recovered some great form since this incident, does make you wonder if any lasting health affects has contributed to him seemingly losing his way and form in the last few months.

Probably not that big an issue , as presume he passed a medical before joining. Interesting story though, plenty of other sites out there ref this. I just happen to come across and post this one.

5 hours ago, exiledblue said:

He's been an Atletico player his whole career and for all he knows will be sent back there. It's a difficult PR line to toe. I can't say I'm bothered either way; if he wants ultimately in his heart to go back, then playing his way back into contention is the way to go and we'll be the beneficiaries of that.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Probably not that big an issue , as presume he passed a medical before joining. Interesting story though, plenty of other sites out there ref this. I just happen to come across and post this one.

I wonder if that is a reason why We demanded a loan and AM are willing to grant one.   It is not the kind of thing you can clear up with one medical test.  It may need a season of monitoring.

JaneB   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Remind you of someone?  

Not really.  He'll do on his own!

20 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Not Lord Percy …

Ah, the truly magnificent Lord Percy.  No, he has his own place, as do Franco, Frank and Cesc.  Privileged to have seen them live so many times.