• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea sign Saul Niguez on season long loan

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes, good.
He had the quality and discipline to play at centre-back, full-back, wing-back, wide right and left in a four, inside left and right in a three, but that didn’t mean he liked it. He wanted to be a No 8, running through the middle.

Funny how they say he left AM to play 8 and went to a club that doesn't have one  (or rather has a brilliant 8, Mount, who plays double 10).
But that description sounds really like Kovacic.  Who also thinks he can play 8 but as we have seen can't.

Of course taking "I wanted to go to the CL winners because I was played out of position" at face value is always unwise.  Especially when the quote actually comes from the selling manager.  I presume money was a bigger motivation, and he'll play where TT asks.

You never miss an opportunity to take a swipe (unjustified here) at one of your targets. 

Don't make out like it's widely accepted that Kovacic is limited.  He's not.  He's probably the most complete and well balanced CM we have.  Others have outstanding qualities but we are blessed to have Kovacic, the Swiss army knife of CMs.  

Ruudboy   
16 minutes ago, Ham said:

.... we are blessed to have Kovacic, the Swiss army knife of CMs.  

Just a shame we don't know how to use his ability to remove stones from horses' hooves

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

You never miss an opportunity to take a swipe (unjustified here) at one of your targets. 

Don't make out like it's widely accepted that Kovacic is limited.  He's not.  He's probably the most complete and well balanced CM we have. 

I don't.  I acknowledge the stubborn resistance group - mostly you.   But he is.  Very good strengths, very great limitations (though TT seems to be working on them - he is dribbling with his head higher as if he no longer plays for Notre-Dame).

50 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's probably the most complete and well balanced CM we have.  Others have outstanding qualities but we are blessed to have Kovacic, the Swiss army knife of CMs.  

Shame that the tool with a cutting edge is so hard to pull out.  The child safe Swiss Army knife.
image.png.e2baff319508a61088c9afa323b9c1c2.png

Sciatika   

I think he has improved no end. I thought his second-half performance against LFC was really impressive. We had the usual high passing accuracy and drive from deep midfield, but he was making opportunities through his passing which is tricky with ten. Disappointed with his chance near the end, but very good all the same. I like Kova so I am probably biased.

Can we please swap him now for Connor Gallagher ,who does actually look the real deal after dismantling Spurs....:(

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Can we please swap him now for Connor Gallagher ,who does actually look the real deal after dismantling Spurs....:(

yeah, let's write him off after 45 minutes. 

PS Nobodys written him off yet,just that Gallagher has looked head and shoulders better in the few times/highlights I've seen....

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Liquidator said:

PS Nobodys written him off yet,

apart from you, who said you wanted to swap him with Gallagher. 

Gallagher is in exactly the right place - starting and starring regularly in the PL

Just now, paulw66 said:

apart from you, who said you wanted to swap him with Gallagher. 

Gallagher is in exactly the right place - starting and starring regularly in the PL

I don't think wanting to swap a player withg Gallagher is writing anyone off right now.
But I agree, Gallaghers is getting a lot more PL starts at Palace than either would/will get at Chelsea this season.  I don't want this year's Gallagher, I want a 23 year old Gallagher with a lot of experience playing for Chelsea.