• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea sign Saul Niguez on season long loan

JaneB   
21 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Man, I hope he gets back to his pre 2020 form. What an absolute beast!!!!

I read an interview with him online that says essentially he wanted to be played central midfield or as a 10 instead of where Athletico were playing him which he felt wasn't getting the best out of him and when he asked to be played in central midfield they refused. He's signed with us on the provision that he will be utilised as a midfielder. Which suits me fine. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read an interview with him online that says essentially he wanted to be played central midfield or as a 10 instead of where Athletico were playing him which he felt wasn't getting the best out of him and when he asked to be played in central midfield they refused. He's signed with us on the provision that he will be utilised as a midfielder. Which suits me fine. 

Yes, he seemed to get shunted from left wing back to occasional right back then back to left wing back again, with only very sporadic games in midfield. 

bert19   

Quite excited about this one. Gives us an option in midfield with qualities that we don’t have at the moment. That fourth CM was a real necessity too as far as I’m concerned. 
The rumoured option price is less than we paid for Kovacic, quite a good deal to consider if things work out as we all hope. 

JaneB   
paulw66   

Any news on a squad number?

15, 17 and 18 available

Edited by paulw66