• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Zenit St Petersburg 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Group H match against Zenit St Petersburg at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 14th September 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

chara   
On 9/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Sciatika said:

I have always wanted to have privilege.

As per 'arry..."Nice solid defender, do well at somewhere like Burnley....some good big lads in Central Europe"

A January signing?

Mendy

Azpi AC Rudi

RJ jorgi saul BC

Mount Werner Kai

I would play saul along with jorgi. More advanced role. Plus CL would be a better stage to integrate him into the formation and team than Pl.

So PL agreed a new rule where a Champions League team playing on a Wednesday, will NOT play the early kick off on the following Saturday. 

But they didn't make a rule concerning a late Saturday kick off having to play on the following Tuesday?

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So PL agreed a new rule where a Champions League team playing on a Wednesday, will NOT play the early kick off on the following Saturday. 

But they didn't make a rule concerning a late Saturday kick off having to play on the following Tuesday?

The first increases the time gap between starts from 64.5h to 67h  (<3d ays)
The second (if made) would increase the time gap from   74.5h to 77h  (>3 days)

paulw66   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think your understanding is correct. Makes sense in some respects because even with the late Saturday KO, we had all day Sunday and Monday, then most of Tuesday. That said, if we had been away in Russia tomorrow night, it wouldn't have been ideal. 

If you play Wednesday night, you get Thursday, Friday then go early Saturday, that is wrong, especially if away from home on the Wednesday. 

paulw66   

No Pulisic or Kante, but sounds like Kante certainly ok for Sunday

Joringho with Kova or Saul, I presume. 

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No Pulisic or Kante, but sounds like Kante certainly ok for Sunday

Joringho with Kova or Saul, I presume. 

Difficult because I feel like this game might be more suited to bedding Saul in... but I don't tihnk you can drop Kova after the weekend.