• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Zenit St Petersburg 0

Holymoly   

Another game we probably wouldn't have won last year. This is the difference a real striker a makes.

Ham   

I don't think Mount is guaranteed a start in the next game or two. Needs to up his game again. 

Same with Ziyech.  

Kai and Werner alongside Lukaku is worth a look. 

A win's a win though. 

Floyd25   
10 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

the team won, thats what important

Yea the most important thing for sure. 

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't think Mount is guaranteed a start in the next game or two. Needs to up his game again. 

Same with Ziyech.  

A win's a win though. 

Agreed, especially on Sunday....bit of pace in behind

8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Another game we probably wouldn't have won last year. This is the difference a real striker a makes.

True but you can tell we are over-reliant on him. We desperately need other players to chip in, Mr Moly. 👀🙌🏿

Edited by Northern Lights

I thought there was a lot of good things in that match, just little magic - just enough for 1 goal.

We were solid, we had 66% possession and a lot of their possession was trying to get it out of their own penalty box.
We got the goal on 69 mins - it is nice if you get it H1, but 69 mins is not desperately late.  Good goal, in club tradition from Azpi.
We created crossing and shooting opportunities, if not great shots or crosses.  The back 3 looked monster.
And there was even tactics in our corners - where the keeper was put under pressure every time.  (And Mount has been dropped from corner taking duties, not sure why - perhaps because they worked on them over the international break).

And RLC became an AM option (where he might get some action in hte 5-sub CL).

Definitely not in the 4th/5th gear yet. But come on guys, it's been a stop start season so far. A LOT of the starters came late, had no pre-season, and then there was the international break. So we need to take all of that into account 

We are unbeaten. Have had some great results. Lukaku is on fire and playing some great football and carrying us to the Ws. With time there will be better chemistry. 

Come on chels 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Well we got over the line, Lukaku makes such a massive difference in these tight games. Some poor individual performances but I’m sure they’ll improve. 

Hopefully we're not forming the bad habit of overly relying on the big fella to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. last 2 games, max points in spite of subpar performances. We really need to increase the sharpness of our passing in the last third.

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

Same with Ziyech.  

A win's a win though. 

Mount starting against Spurs is a must for me.