• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Zenit St Petersburg 0

9 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Difficult because I feel like this game might be more suited to bedding Saul in... but I don't tihnk you can drop Kova after the weekend.

I think 45 mins subs at CM may become a bit of a thing for TT.  Saul to come on on 45 assuming all is going well.
That will help him, because that first Villa 45 min press was fierce, but even PL clubs can't keep that up for 90 mins.

paulw66   

I just looked up their squad. The only two names I recognise are Lovren and Malcom.

Would start Chilwell and Werner tomorrow. 

This is the game I would have started Saul and would be a waste for him to not start, so maybe Kova gets a rest, which would be a shame after his performance. I would also expect a few other changes.

Mendy

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - Saul - Chilwell

Mount - Lukaku - Werner

paulw66   
38 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is the game I would have started Saul and would be a waste for him to not start, so maybe Kova gets a rest, which would be a shame after his performance. I would also expect a few other changes.

Mendy

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - Saul - Chilwell

Mount - Lukaku - Werner

Like the look of that team. 

Get comfortably ahead and haul Lukaku off after an hour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Like the look of that team. 

Get comfortably ahead and haul Lukaku off after an hour. 

Yep, exactly. 

Im really keen to see Lukaku and Werner play together (for a decent amount of minutes).

chara   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, exactly. 

I'm really keen to see Lukaku and Werner play together (for a decent amount of minutes).

Me too...for all the "Werner Moments" in front of goal he did lay on a lot of assists and many spurned balls into the goal area.....be interesting to see if Luky and he can link up in that way as well as his pulling out defenders.

• Like 1

Sciatika   

There are things they could learn from each other. It's worth remembering that Lukaku is 28 and Werner, 25. As long as we are winning, they have time.

22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The first increases the time gap between starts from 64.5h to 67h  (<3d ays)
The second (if made) would increase the time gap from   74.5h to 77h  (>3 days)

21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I think your understanding is correct. Makes sense in some respects because even with the late Saturday KO, we had all day Sunday and Monday, then most of Tuesday. That said, if we had been away in Russia tomorrow night, it wouldn't have been ideal. 

If you play Wednesday night, you get Thursday, Friday then go early Saturday, that is wrong, especially if away from home on the Wednesday. 

Makes sense I suppose. I think they should have made it so a full 3 days off is guaranteed between each game, some other countries guarantee that for their teams. PL are beholden to thier glorious schedules though. 

Edit: On the bright side just realised we have 2 days extra rest than Spurs and they play in France. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Makes sense I suppose. I think they should have made it so a full 3 days off is guaranteed between each game, some other countries guarantee that for their teams. PL are beholden to thier glorious schedules though. 

The PL could make life easier for all, with some simple parameters.

1. If you have a CL game on Tuesday, you play early on the previous Saturday, or not later than 3pm

2. If you have a CL away game on the Wednesday, then you play the following Sunday (regardless of where that game is)

3. If you have a CL home game on the Wednesday, then an away game at the weekend, you play Sunday 

Wouldn't be difficult to implement.