• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Zenit St Petersburg 0

paulw66   

Tonight........expect to see Azpi, Jorginho and Mount return

have a feeling Chilwell and Werner get a run out too.

Diddymen   
30 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Edit: On the bright side just realised we have 2 days extra rest than Spurs and they play in France. 

I dont think Spurs are taking this League Conference thingy seriously. 

52 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I dont think Spurs are taking this League Conference thingy seriously. 

It's quite a dilemma. It's worth taking seriously to keep their UEFA seed ranking up at the very least. Will be interesting to see how this tournament pans out. I wonder if Jose will take it seriously with Roma. 

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

The PL could make life easier for all, with some simple parameters.

1. If you have a CL game on Tuesday, you play early on the previous Saturday, or not later than 3pm

2. If you have a CL away game on the Wednesday, then you play the following Sunday (regardless of where that game is)

3. If you have a CL home game on the Wednesday, then an away game at the weekend, you play Sunday 

Wouldn't be difficult to implement. 

No, it wouldn't.  But this is the Premier League and Sky dictate the schedule really.  It's quite impressive that English teams generally do pretty well in Europe despite their own League choosing to make the schedule more difficult than it needs to be. 

42 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It's quite a dilemma. It's worth taking seriously to keep their UEFA seed ranking up at the very least. Will be interesting to see how this tournament pans out. I wonder if Jose will take it seriously with Roma. 

Surely if you're Spurs, you go for this hard? Good chance to actually win something. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

1. If you have a CL game on Tuesday, you play early on the previous Saturday, or not later than 3pm

2. If you have a CL away game on the Wednesday, then you play the following Sunday (regardless of where that game is)

3. If you have a CL home game on the Wednesday, then an away game at the weekend, you play Sunday 

I don't think this method gives them enough opportunity to screw us over whilst making it easier for Liverpool so , of course they won't do it.

I haven't looked at the schedule but feel certain the knock out rounds of the Champions League will have us away to United or City or Spurs .

8 minutes ago, bert19 said:

No, it wouldn't.  But this is the Premier League and Sky dictate the schedule really.  It's quite impressive that English teams generally do pretty well in Europe despite their own League choosing to make the schedule more difficult than it needs to be. 

Surely if you're Spurs, you go for this hard? Good chance to actually win something. 

I don't know about a good chance, they're still Spurs.

bert19   
5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't know about a good chance, they're still Spurs.

😄Good point, well made 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

All good ideas and do-able. The other issue is trying to play a critical league game in between the 2 semi final legs of the CL (which I think, are usually only a week apart). They should just move that somewhere else altogether.

Ham   

Not sure what Chilwell needs to do to get a game. 

20210914_185202.jpg