• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 3

Bison   

Game of two halves. 

Dominant second half. Kante (of course)  changing the game in our favour. World class player doing world class things. 

Mount and Havertz with stinkers.

I don't think the first half was as bad as some were saying , we kept them at arm's length throughout , I think the performance of Havertz and Mount were more of a concern , both were , to be frank , awful .

I am of the opinion that both Mount and James need to have a long hard think about things as I can see them playing less and less unless they up the quality of their final ball , I for one was pleased to see Azpillicueta at right back having been unimpressed with James this season .

Havertz is an enigma , when he's on his game he floats majestic through the match but when he's off the pace he looks awful , the last two appearances were the latter . It may be a hang over from the flu on top of already getting covid previously but it really isn't good enough.

Defensively we were superb today and a bit more composure and we could easily have scored more considering Lukaku barely had a chance .

Kepa was very good too which was fantastic to see but my MOTM was Alonso who had a great game.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think the first half was as bad as some were saying , we kept them at arm's length throughout , I think the performance of Havertz and Mount were more of a concern , both were , to be frank , awful .

I am of the opinion that both Mount and James need to have a long hard think about things as I can see them playing less and less unless they up the quality of their final ball , I for one was pleased to see Azpillicueta at right back having been unimpressed with James this season .

Havertz is an enigma , when he's on his game he floats majestic through the match but when he's off the pace he looks awful , the last two appearances were the latter . It may be a hang over from the flu on top of already getting covid previously but it really isn't good enough.

Defensively we were superb today and a bit more composure and we could easily have scored more considering Lukaku barely had a chance .

Kepa was very good too which was fantastic to see but my MOTM was Alonso who had a great game.

James was fantastic at Arsenal

At half time:  exactly

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

The idea we've been terrible is ... odd. Spurs haven't had a real chance (yet!). I get feeling frustrated at not having done more ourselves, but that seems to be colouring opinions.

And by about 60 mins:

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We've been fantastic this half , absolutely fantastic.

My own h/t thoughts.  I think H2 was more predictable than some dared to say.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm happy.  We are keeping them in their place, and they will tire much more than us H2.  Not only have they started players back from injury, their bench is weak and they played Thursday.

As a way to make a 30 min game of it, Nuno had a great idea.  As a way to make a good 90 mins of it, it was a bad idea.  We are too solid, Spurs don't have the cutting edge.  Once it got to 30 mins with no goals, Spurs were always going to lose.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kante! Blimey! 0-2 , Kovacic winning the ball back was brilliant there .

There were a lot of very good if not "in your face" performaces.  Kovacic new mode of looking up at his colleagues means he could turn that winning the ball back into a great assist for Kante.  He has equalled his best Chelsea PL season with 1 goal and 3 assists.  Last time he did that he got POTS.

Kepa was quietly reliable.  Azpi as an attacking WB was excellent and his position superbly judged.  Once we were 2 up he stopped getting so far up but Alonso (who, like Silva, was "in your face" excellent) remained.  Rudiger and Christensen looked class.

1 hour ago, Worsebytheday said:

This could be an interesting last 20

It wasn't.  Amusing, very amusing for us.  But most Spurs supported didn't stay to watch.

352  ??
Seems to work.  Havertz or Werner + Lukaku makes sense.
A 3 man midfield could include any 3 from Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, and Saul, Mount of Ziyech.
Harder to see roles for CHO or Pulisic except as WBs

Oh and our corner.  Rudiger and Silva both move perfectly into the right position for where the corner drops.  And Azpi has cleared the space in front.  A well rehearsed move.

Quality 2nd half performance, the performance of champions, unlike the jammy and lucky Man Ure, who seem to fluke wins week in, week out.  Thomas Tuchel is a genius, and showed who was boss with his half time changes.

2 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Quality 2nd half performance, the performance of champions, unlike the jammy and lucky Man Ure, who seem to fluke wins week in, week out.  Thomas Tuchel is a genius, and showed who was boss with his half time changes.

I really hope Tuchel gives Solskjaer a proper lesson when we meet them, we owe them big time after recent seasons.

Ham   
19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I really hope Tuchel gives Solskjaer a proper lesson when we meet them, we owe them big time after recent seasons.

Two words.....

Anthony Taylor. 

Leo91   

The two positions behind Lukaku are up for grabs. Where is Pulisic ?