• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 3

hatty   

Great win....... and I love being ahead of the dippers (albeit on alphabetical order).

Thanks Rudi for that last minute goal!

chara   
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Still out injured, isn't he?

Didn"t see that coming!!....( Did actually as he left here and returned there I understand on crutches)

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Still out injured, isn't he?

I’m more surprised when he plays, Mr. Tucker. I just don’t see the point of him or Zyech for that matter, which is really disappointing. I genuinely thought that between them they’d get 15 goals this season. Still, they’re ours and I back them 💯 to come good. 🤪🙌🏿

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, Leo91 said:

The two positions behind Lukaku are up for grabs. Where is Pulisic ?

I feel genuinely frustrated but also sorry for Mason Mount. For all his energy and hardwork, he seems to have forgotten what the main and ob of his position is about - to consistently create good quality final balls. Instead he has gone down to a small player mentality - try to score a goal whenever you're close to the net. 

You can see Mount's body position, where he looks, and how he runs, the moment he picks the ball - he's looking for a shooting opportunity first. Sometimes, the best passing opportunity is at the first touch. He should be fully aware of his No 9 and other forwards, and make absolutely the best decision possible. Goals would come naturally. That is what you need from a big player at this level. He's not doing that.

As for Kai Havertz, nothing has changed my mind about him. He doesn't have many qualities, and the little he has, he doesn't show  consistently enough for me.

All our forwards - CHO included, should be given a real shot at those two positions. I could not see the guys on the bench yesterday doing any worse than Havertz and Mount in the first half. 

Strong 2nd half performance where we just completely bossed them. Sometimes its worth thinking objectively and appreciating the players we have and also the job the manager has done to turn them into the impressive outfit we are right now.

Thiago Silva has long been one of my favourite defenders in the last decade in football. Regardless of him being mid thirties, he's up there with JT in the greatest defenders to pull on a Chelsea shirt. 

If I supported another club, I would be so jealous of this Chelsea team. Silva, Kovacic, Kante have long been favourite players of mine, so the have all three playing for the club at the same time is just fantastic. It's impossible for anyone not have the greatest respect for this beast mode version of Rudiger. The presence of Lukaku has just added extra pace, power and a clinical edge to the team. Then you have young homegrown talent sprinkled in there with Mount, James, Christensen (who in a back three is a different player altogether). The leadership and desire of Azpilicueta, a  special teams player in Alonso who I don't think any other club in England has a player that can do what he does in his role. I am a big Chilwell fan, but right now Alonso is on another level for the role he is being asked to fulfill.

Then the calmness and quality of Jorginho pulling the strings in midfield. I had severe doubts any manager could create a genuine title challenging team with Jorginho in England.

The guile and elegance of Havertz who has so much room for improvement over the next 2-3 seasons. A keeper who looks as strong and confident as any other keeper out there right now.

These are pretty special times when you take stock and look at things objectively. Sure, we need to maximise this squads potential with trophies. However, I for one won't be wasting time providing microanalysis of each players performance weekly or comparing them to another player who we haven't got. This just feels like the right team to sit back, appreciate and enjoy what we have got right now.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

I feel genuinely frustrated but also sorry for Mason Mount. For all his energy and hardwork, he seems to have forgotten what the main and ob of his position is about - to consistently create good quality final balls. Instead he has gone down to a small player mentality - try to score a goal whenever you're close to the net. 

You can see Mount's body position, where he looks, and how he runs, the moment he picks the ball - he's looking for a shooting opportunity first. Sometimes, the best passing opportunity is at the first touch. He should be fully aware of his No 9 and other forwards, and make absolutely the best decision possible. Goals would come naturally. That is what you need from a big player at this level. He's not doing that.

As for Kai Havertz, nothing has changed my mind about him. He doesn't have many qualities, and the little he has, he doesn't show  consistently enough for me.

All our forwards - CHO included, should be given a real shot at those two positions. I could not see the guys on the bench yesterday doing any worse than Havertz and Mount in the first half. 

I agree with all this, but especially on Havertz. Maybe he needs a run of games, as with all our front line. I thought he would kick on from the end of last season as he was picking up some form.

For all our excellence in defence and midfield, its our forward line that just seem to struggle a bit. Early days of course. I just wonder if the Lukaku purchase has set them back a bit - not gelling.

Just to add, the midfield trio in the second half were outstanding, and a big mention to Alonso. I did think it was harsh to bench Chilwell, but the guy is playing out of this skin at the moment. 

(not complaining if we win all our matches 3-0 though :) )

Hey everyone, I have a question.

You know when Son was clean through? 

Do Spurs win a trophy for that? Just that I want the commemorative DVD. 🙌🏿🧨🤣

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Strong 2nd half performance where we just completely bossed them. Sometimes its worth thinking objectively and appreciating the players we have and also the job the manager has done to turn them into the impressive outfit we are right now.

Thiago Silva has long been one of my favourite defenders in the last decade in football. Regardless of him being mid thirties, he's up there with JT in the greatest defenders to pull on a Chelsea shirt. 

If I supported another club, I would be so jealous of this Chelsea team. Silva, Kovacic, Kante have long been favourite players of mine, so the have all three playing for the club at the same time is just fantastic. It's impossible for anyone not have the greatest respect for this beast mode version of Rudiger. The presence of Lukaku has just added extra pace, power and a clinical edge to the team. Then you have young homegrown talent sprinkled in there with Mount, James, Christensen (who in a back three is a different player altogether). The leadership and desire of Azpilicueta, a  special teams player in Alonso who I don't think any other club in England has a player that can do what he does in his role. I am a big Chilwell fan, but right now Alonso is on another level for the role he is being asked to fulfill.

Then the calmness and quality of Jorginho pulling the strings in midfield. I had severe doubts any manager could create a genuine title challenging team with Jorginho in England.

The guile and elegance of Havertz who has so much room for improvement over the next 2-3 seasons. A keeper who looks as strong and confident as any other keeper out there right now.

These are pretty special times when you take stock and look at things objectively. Sure, we need to maximise this squads potential with trophies. However, I for one won't be wasting time providing microanalysis of each players performance weekly or comparing them to another player who we haven't got. This just feels like the right team to sit back, appreciate and enjoy what we have got right now.

Well said mate, Tuchel has really created a team of the raw material he inherited. 

The season ahead looks so intriguing. Can’t wait to see how we performs over a full season. Also, remember that we’ve had (on paper) a pretty difficult start. Next weekend City at home.  After that five league games that on paper looks a lot easier. We can be off to a flying start if we keep this up. 

Come on Chelsea! 

Blue Rod   
35 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I agree with all this, but especially on Havertz. Maybe he needs a run of games, as with all our front line. I thought he would kick on from the end of last season as he was picking up some form.

For all our excellence in defence and midfield, its our forward line that just seem to struggle a bit. Early days of course. I just wonder if the Lukaku purchase has set them back a bit - not gelling.

Just to add, the midfield trio in the second half were outstanding, and a big mention to Alonso. I did think it was harsh to bench Chilwell, but the guy is playing out of this skin at the moment. 

(not complaining if we win all our matches 3-0 though :) )

Also agree. 

I think it's more like Lukaku's runs have exposed their weaknesses. For all Werner's failures last season, there were moments when a simple early ball might have released him to a one v one, and that ball wasn't there. We're seeing some of that with Lukaku, except that Lukaku is making it more obvious the way he pulls into position. 

Alonso has been brilliant. What we are seeing is the players with good all-round footballing skills killing it everywhere on the pitch - defenders hitting passes and crosses that would shame midfielders,  and scoring goals for fun while those with limited skills are struggling even in the one thing that they should be doing. I hope our forwards step up. They just looked completely out of their depth in that first half. 

• Like 1