• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 3

17 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

with all these spuds injuries, you just know they will shithouse a 1-0 win

What worries me is with all this new referees letting the game flow directive is that we really aren't made to put it about a bit like these smaller teams do , the new directives will suit Spurs chicanery much more than our softly softly approach.

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What worries me is with all this new referees letting the game flow directive is that we really aren't made to put it about a bit like these smaller teams do , the new directives will suit Spurs chicanery much more than our softly softly approach.

Mendy, 3CBs, Alonso, James, Lukaku, Kovacic. Werner or Havertz.  We are a huge side - and win a huge proportion of the 50/50s.  And it is not as though little Jorginho, Kante and Mount can't tackle or put it about.
I suspect we are taking advantage of the new rules, it is just less obvious than for those teams that are chasing possession.
We have had 61-67% possession in all our games except Villa (57%) where we went 1 up early.

paulw66   
52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy, 3CBs, Alonso, James, Lukaku, Kovacic. Werner or Havertz.  We are a huge side - and win a huge proportion of the 50/50s. 

I didn't realise quite how big until I heard that on the opening weekend we had the biggest side in the league 

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I didn't realise quite how big until I heard that on the opening weekend we had the biggest side in the league 

And that would have been without Lukaku.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy, 3CBs, Alonso, James, Lukaku, Kovacic. Werner or Havertz.  We are a huge side - and win a huge proportion of the 50/50s.  And it is not as though little Jorginho, Kante and Mount can't tackle or put it about.
I suspect we are taking advantage of the new rules, it is just less obvious than for those teams that are chasing possession.
We have had 61-67% possession in all our games except Villa (57%) where we went 1 up early.

I still think we're too timid 

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still think we're too timid 

Really?  We look the opposite to timid IMO.  

I agree that after a 1 season break, we are going back to the old form of PL football - that you could do absolutely anything to hinder and the ref will ignore it so long as you don't actually win the ball.  So Hazard staggering into the box with 2 defenders on his back who jump off just in time.  But our guys are as good at that as anyone.  Azpi is a master.  

The handicap for the better teams is that it is fewer opportunities all around (which defeats the whole point of letting play go on).  

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, who do you leave out?

A fit Kante in an away London derby is surely a shoe in, and I don't see Jorginho being left out. Midweek game next week will be the kids / fringe players, so nothing to worry about there. 

Kovacic. It’s hard on him after his recent performances, I admit, but if Kante is fit he has to play IMO. 

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kovacic. It’s hard on him after his recent performances, I admit, but if Kante is fit he has to play IMO. 

Very harsh on Kovacic if that's what Tuchel does. 

Mount has been ordinary so why not give him a rest?