• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 3

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

with all these spuds injuries, you just know they will shithouse a 1-0 win

What worries me is with all this new referees letting the game flow directive is that we really aren't made to put it about a bit like these smaller teams do , the new directives will suit Spurs chicanery much more than our softly softly approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What worries me is with all this new referees letting the game flow directive is that we really aren't made to put it about a bit like these smaller teams do , the new directives will suit Spurs chicanery much more than our softly softly approach.

Mendy, 3CBs, Alonso, James, Lukaku, Kovacic. Werner or Havertz.  We are a huge side - and win a huge proportion of the 50/50s.  And it is not as though little Jorginho, Kante and Mount can't tackle or put it about.
I suspect we are taking advantage of the new rules, it is just less obvious than for those teams that are chasing possession.
We have had 61-67% possession in all our games except Villa (57%) where we went 1 up early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy, 3CBs, Alonso, James, Lukaku, Kovacic. Werner or Havertz.  We are a huge side - and win a huge proportion of the 50/50s. 

I didn't realise quite how big until I heard that on the opening weekend we had the biggest side in the league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I didn't realise quite how big until I heard that on the opening weekend we had the biggest side in the league 

And that would have been without Lukaku.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy, 3CBs, Alonso, James, Lukaku, Kovacic. Werner or Havertz.  We are a huge side - and win a huge proportion of the 50/50s.  And it is not as though little Jorginho, Kante and Mount can't tackle or put it about.
I suspect we are taking advantage of the new rules, it is just less obvious than for those teams that are chasing possession.
We have had 61-67% possession in all our games except Villa (57%) where we went 1 up early.

I still think we're too timid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still think we're too timid 

Really?  We look the opposite to timid IMO.  

I agree that after a 1 season break, we are going back to the old form of PL football - that you could do absolutely anything to hinder and the ref will ignore it so long as you don't actually win the ball.  So Hazard staggering into the box with 2 defenders on his back who jump off just in time.  But our guys are as good at that as anyone.  Azpi is a master.  

The handicap for the better teams is that it is fewer opportunities all around (which defeats the whole point of letting play go on).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

Well, who do you leave out?

A fit Kante in an away London derby is surely a shoe in, and I don't see Jorginho being left out. Midweek game next week will be the kids / fringe players, so nothing to worry about there. 

Kovacic. It’s hard on him after his recent performances, I admit, but if Kante is fit he has to play IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kovacic. It’s hard on him after his recent performances, I admit, but if Kante is fit he has to play IMO. 

Very harsh on Kovacic if that's what Tuchel does. 

Mount has been ordinary so why not give him a rest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now