• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Aston Villa 1 (4 - 3 on penalties)

chara   
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm conflicted , we don't want any injuries and to be honest this is the least desirable cup we could be up for but on the other hand some players need to find their mojo again so in line with what I mentioned after the Spurs game I think we have to play Havertz , Mount and James to  help them get their form back but don't want to risk Lukaku so, is there a point in playing Havertz and Mount behind Werner who offers an entirely  different approach to Lukaku?

Difficult one . 

Not for me to second guess TT but would be happy to see our real #9 rested....I don't want Chelsea to get so reliant on him that if for any reason he is unavailable there is no plan B to cover and this is as good a game as ever to tweak things...Kepa to play as we need him to back to a semblance of form as a solid backup or replacement if disaster strikes.

Hate to see Chelsea lose any game but this is very low down on the priority list...next weekend is a real marker game.

asvaberg   

Mendy still doubtful, also for the ManC game.

So therefor I'm skeptical of using Kepa for this match and potentially end up with both 1.st and 2.nd choice keeper out for the important "6 point game".

Rob B   

An attack which includes any three of Ziyech, Werner, CHO and RLC (which is what almost everyone is suggesting) is about as toothless as it gets, but not sure what the alternatives are.

In years gone by I’d always back a Giroud, Tammy, (Demba Ba even!) to grab you a goal, but I don’t get that feeling with any of those three.  Tommy T surely has to rest Lukaku though, so I’m going to go with Werner, Ziyech, Havertz for tomorrow with Lukaku, Mount and whoever performs best against Villa to be the three selected for the weekend. 

chara   
3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Mendy still doubtful, also for the ManC game.

So therefor I'm skeptical of using Kepa for this match and potentially end up with both 1.st and 2.nd choice keeper out for the important "6 point game".

IF that is the case giving the new guy a runout in goal would be a good idea...maybe even if Mendy and Kepa are available.....if Chelsea can't beat AV in a minor cup game with back up players or as it is being written...the deepest squad strength of the top teams...maybe we are not as good as we think.

By the way..the better side doesn't always win as we well know.

I think I'd play something like:

Bettinelli (or Kepa if Mendy is ready for the weekend)

Chalobah - Christensen - Azpilicueta

James - Kante - Saul - Chilwell

Ziyech - Havertz - Werner

I'm wary of playing Kante because it would be devastating if he got injured before the weekend so I'd be just as happy to play Kova or Jorginho.

The league cup is still a trophy, so we have to go out with the aim to win this tie while at the same time not overextending some of the main guys. 

I’d go with;

Arrizabalaga

Chalobah  Christensen  Azpilicueta

Hudson-Odoi  Saul  Kovacic  Chilwell

Ziyech  Werner  RLC

Havertz, Mount, Lukaku, Jorginho, Rudiger and Kante should be nowhere near the starting XI. 

I guess one could argue James comes in at RWB and Hudson-Odoi playing LW. But that’s about it. 

Diddymen   
12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Kepa 

James Chalobah Sarr Chilwell 

Ziyech RLC Barkley Saul CHO 

Werner

completely forgot about Sarr

One thing, don't just give this game away, we need to win to keep the momentum going, just because we have city Saturday doesn't mean make eleven changes as we've seen before too many changes in one game isn't the way to go, protect Silva,Kante, Lukaku and kepa if we think Mendy won't be fit for city,players can get injured in training and they can't be tired already.Villa will see this as their only chance of silverware, so expect them to play their strongest team, they have no European football, and won't get relegated