• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Aston Villa 1 (4 - 3 on penalties)

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup 3rd Round match against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19.45 hours on Wednesday, 22nd September 2021 (Local UK time/date)

When picking a team for this it really shows how important Rudi is to this team. Who else would play LCB if we wanted to rest him? Azpi as he's played LB before? Christensen?

I think Villa will play their strongest side, it's too early in the season not to, plus no European football.

I know we have city Saturday but we have to play a very strong team

kepa

TC.            AC.        Azpi       

JAMES.  Barkley.   KOVACIC.  Chilwell

Zyech                                             Odi

werner

bert19   

I'd get minutes into some legs of the likes of Trev, Werner, Saul, Chilwell & CHO.  Mendy doesn't need to be risked if he wasn't quite right for Spurs, City coming up and he probably would have sat this one out anyway.  So Kepa should play again.  

My XI: 

Kepa 

Chalobah Christensen Rudi (c)

James Kovacic Saul Chilwell 

Ziyech CHO 

Werner

• Like 1

VA96   
10 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I'd get minutes into some legs of the likes of Trev, Werner, Saul, Chilwell & CHO.  Mendy doesn't need to be risked if he wasn't quite right for Spurs, City coming up and he probably would have sat this one out anyway.  So Kepa should play again.  

My XI: 

Kepa 

Chalobah Christensen Rudi (c)

James Kovacic Saul Chilwell 

Ziyech CHO 

Werner

Exactly how I'd line up - maybe Sarr in over Christensen/Rudi

Rest our first 11 for this, for me the LC is the lowest priority this season and any progression is a bonus to get extra minutes for the second 11 - if we get to the semi's then we can start taking it a bit more seriously. Therefore I would play:

Kepa

Chalobah - Christensen (C) - Sarr

CHO - Saul - Barkley - Chilwell

Ziyech - Werner - RLC

I don't think this will be the team though, I think Kante may get another runout ahead of City and possibly James too. He may also play Mount to try and get some form back into him.

56 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I'd get minutes into some legs of the likes of Trev, Werner, Saul, Chilwell & CHO. 

Yeah I wonder just who is on the edge of the team - anyone but Kante, Mendy or Pulisic who didn't start yesterday will certainly be hoping to start for this.  Otherwise they look really out of TT's eye.

So Chilwell, James, Ziyech and Werner will expect to start.
CHO Chalobah and Saul will have their fingers crossed.
And RLC, Sarr and Barkley are hoping to get very very lucky.

Can Anyone think of a young kid who might get a sub appearance?   Or have all the likely lads gone on loan.  Soonsup-Bell or Harvey Vale  (to be honest I just like the names)?

As for Villa, whichever stars they rest for this one, they'd be very lucky to get on our bench.

5-1  unless:

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kepa

Chalobah - Christensen (C) - Sarr

CHO - Saul - Barkley - Chilwell

Ziyech - Werner - RLC

which would be as weak a team as we could put out.  I think that team might struggle to get many and would need a few subs H2 to get a win.
On the other hand that is probably the right team to pick - it is not as though we really want to play the next round.

I'm conflicted , we don't want any injuries and to be honest this is the least desirable cup we could be up for but on the other hand some players need to find their mojo again so in line with what I mentioned after the Spurs game I think we have to play Havertz , Mount and James to  help them get their form back but don't want to risk Lukaku so, is there a point in playing Havertz and Mount behind Werner who offers an entirely  different approach to Lukaku?

Difficult one . 

Edited by Mark Kelly