• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12.30 hours on Saturday, 25th September 2021 (Local time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

Mendy

AC Silva Rudi

Azpi kante jorgi kova Alonso

Werner Lukaku

Kai and mount don't deserve a starting spot based on their performances this season so far. Also, would continue with the 3-5-2 from the spurs game 

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Mendy

AC Silva Rudi

Azpi kante jorgi kova Alonso

Werner Lukaku

Kai and mount don't deserve a starting spot based on their performances this season so far. Also, would continue with the 3-5-2 from the spurs game 

All seems very fair to me. Quite frankly, a draw leaves us on 14 points from 6 games, 3 ahead of City, and we would have chalked off Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs away, plus City at home. 

Sciatika   

...but a win would leave us 6pts ahead of Man City, who I still think are the main rivals. It will be interesting to see how we get on against the teams that come to SB and set up for a draw.

Big Big Week.
That Kante seems to be ready for 90 makes a massive difference.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Also, would continue with the 3-5-2 from the spurs game 

Yes.  Pretty sure we went 352 at Spurs only because it is the plan for both City AND Juve this week.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

All seems very fair to me. Quite frankly, a draw leaves us on 14 points from 6 games, 3 ahead of City, and we would have chalked off Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs away, plus City at home. 

Beat our share of smaller clubs, draw with the bigger clubs makes sense to me.  There are only 3 competitors for the Prem this season.
image.png.182303ee4ba44401b7c69a75fdca0824.png

So 3 points for a win becomes much less important in our 4 games against City and Liverpool.

Mendy (kepa)

.                Christenson.      Silva.     Ruddiger

Azpi.            Kante.          Jorginho.     Kovacic.     Alonso

.                                           Mount(Werner)

.                                           Lukaku

city won't beat us

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

...but a win would leave us 6pts ahead of Man City, who I still think are the main rivals. It will be interesting to see how we get on against the teams that come to SB and set up for a draw.

It would. and a defeat means we're level.

If you take the opening 6 games as a whole, if you'd had said we'd be ahead of City at the end of those 6, I'd have bitten your hand off. We've had a much tougher start, and keeping them at arms length means it has been brilliant opening to the season

In fact, if we'd have been within 3 points of them after these 6, I'd have said it was a good start.

paulw66   
43 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Beat our share of smaller clubs, draw with the bigger clubs makes sense to me.  There are only 3 competitors for the Prem this season.
image.png.182303ee4ba44401b7c69a75fdca0824.png

So 3 points for a win becomes much less important in our 4 games against City and Liverpool.

Yes. If you were to rank every fixture in the league from 1 being City away, and 38 being Norwich at home (for example), after Saturday we would have ticked off quite a few in the top 10 or 12 of our toughest games already.

I know we joke about Spurs and Arsenal no longer being a threat, but they are still top 10, probably top 8 sides, and London rivals too.  

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I know we joke about Spurs and Arsenal no longer being a threat, but they are still top 10, probably top 8 sides, and London rivals too.  

But look at the odds - Spurs are 5th favourites to win the Prem.  At 175/1 (they are only 200/1 for relegation, Arsenal are 65/1). 
Man U at 6/1 are the only credible alternative to the top 3.

This tells you how far they are thought to be in terms of points.
https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/uk-domestic-premier-league/group_a.50a6256d-2ac8-4610-b5cd-94f6e49154fe/premier-league-points-2021-22

image.png.46b0563d9449009c5990d348496d9ee0.png
Mind the Gap: iconic London Underground voiceover artist dies | WIRED UK

Edited by Droy was my hero

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But look at the odds - Spurs are 5th favourites to win the Prem.  At 175/1 (they are only 200/1 for relegation, Arsenal are 65/1). 
Man U at 6/1 are the only credible alternative to the top 3.

This tells you how far they are thought to be in terms of points.
https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/uk-domestic-premier-league/group_a.50a6256d-2ac8-4610-b5cd-94f6e49154fe/premier-league-points-2021-22

image.png.46b0563d9449009c5990d348496d9ee0.png
Mind the Gap: iconic London Underground voiceover artist dies | WIRED UK

Right, so according to the bookies Spurs and Arsenal are the 5th and 6th strongest teams, and we have chalked those two away games off and got 6 points.