• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
JaneB

R.I.P. Tributes

JaneB   

A sad subject I know, but rather than having a separate thread each time someone connected to Chelsea passes away, and which by its very nature is quite short-lived (no pun intended), I thought we could have a general RIP thread.

Hope this is acceptable to everyone.  

• Like 1

chara   

Makes sense....only thing I would add is there are greats in the game from other clubs who gave and have given us a lot of football joy...can they be included?

JaneB   
1 hour ago, chara said:

Makes sense....only thing I would add is there are greats in the game from other clubs who gave and have given us a lot of football joy...can they be included?

I don't see why not.  It is the Chelsea Forum but I think we can be a little flexible where other players are concerned.

However, if we're talking about people completely outside of the game (unless they were Chelsea supporters of course, such as Sean Lock) then there are the Media/Press and Off Topic (Music, TV etc.) threads.

• Like 1

chara   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I don't see why not.  It is the Chelsea Forum but I think we can be a little flexible where other players are concerned.

However, if we're talking about people completely outside of the game (unless they were Chelsea supporters of course, such as Sean Lock) then there are the Media/Press and Off Topic (Music, TV etc.) threads.

No...football only..... we may love to hate other players but all real game supporters appreciate the greats and those who contribute to our game.

• Like 1

chara   

RIP Roger Hunt

To my eternal football shame I was at Wembley in '66 and was one of the "idiots" who boo'ed Hunt's selection....I was behind the goal when Charlton scored with Hunt pulling open the defence to give Charlton the space.

A great opponent and the sort of player revered by any fan base for his attitude and sheer hard work...scored a few goals as well!

As ever Chelsea as a Football entity is defined by great opposition.......Roger Hunt ...one of the Great Opponents....

• Like 1