• Current Donation Goals

chara   
55 minutes ago, FREEBOOT-RIGHTZ said:

If I remember correctly Benitez was getting a fair bit of clog from the Chelsea supporters during and after the game

Wasn't it the replay game that Luiz got a hammering from the media for,well, hammering a young player on the Brentford team?......wasn't "nice" but my objection was the media's assertion that it was somehow worse because the player was a  "youngster"......it's OK to whack, say, KDB but not walk on water Foden?

I just hate the International Breaks....not breaks at all...just more pressure on players...the held breath watching our players knowing that probably Kante will return with a niggle at least...... and what's with the muscle overload diagnosis or such from the Belgium lot?...Huh?.....Lukaku ?...

Good to see Brentford coping and more so far but hope Chelsea can cope better there!

20 hours ago, asvaberg said:

The only time we have played at Griffin (Brentford) in modern history was January 2013 in FA cup. A 2-2 draw and Geremi was not in the lineup. He left Chelsea in 2007.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/brentford-v-chelsea-27-january-2013-300346/

I worded it confusingly, but I meant that Chelsea were playing at the same time as I was at Griffin Park watching Brentford play a league game (my Sunday league team organised it as a day out for us, Kevin O'Connor had played for us in his youth).

It was around October-December 2002-2004. My abiding memory of the Brentford game was that I keeping an eye on/worrying on the Chelsea score and that Geremi had scored. Mobile internet was not ubiquitous yet, so I assume I had phoned/texted someone to update me or my Dad brought the portable radio with him. Perhaps I only found out on the car radio on the way home. 

• Like 1

Chrisb   

Anthony Taylor is the ref for this one 😩

Guess we’ll be down to 10 men before halftime.

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Indeed.  (Don't tell Mark Kelly)

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn

4th Official: Simon Hooper

VAR: Paul Tierney

Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

I was looking forward to the return of the PL until I saw he was refereeing our match.

Genuinely shocked he’s still allowed to ref our games and annoyed the club haven’t done anything to try and prevent it from happening. 

Ruudboy   

Maybe we should aim to get 5 players sent off for trivial offences, then take a 3:0 forfeiture on the basis that we have at least exposed his incompetence. Thank God Sian Massey-Ellis is VAR assistant - she has always appeared sane (despite the views of Andy Gray and Richard Keys).

15 hours ago, Chrisb said:

Of course he is , hand picked homer ref at a tight ground full of baying fans , Mike Riley is taking the mickey out of the club and the club need to be making a massive fuss over it,

Lukaku will get send off for dissent . 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Of course he is , hand picked homer ref at a tight ground full of baying fans , Mike Riley is taking the mickey out of the club and the club need to be making a massive fuss over it,

Lukaku will get send off for dissent . 

I chuckled when I read this. Then I realised, you're probably right. 

Absolutely the worst kind of fixture for him to referee us. They will get away with fouls, left, right and centre, and we will get the first booking for something innocuous. 

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I chuckled when I read this. Then I realised, you're probably right. 

Absolutely the worst kind of fixture for him to referee us. They will get away with fouls, left, right and centre, and we will get the first booking for something innocuous. 

We always got Foy at QPR and look how that turned out , he was scared of his own shadow and let the QPR support referee the game

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We always got Foy at QPR and look how that turned out , he was scared of his own shadow and let the QPR support referee the game

I was at the QPR game at LR when he sent off Bosingwa and Drogba in the first half.

You could see the lump in his shorts as he walked off