• Current Donation Goals

Diddymen   
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes, at least hope so.  Though I gather he missed a few for Germany on top of the 2 he scored.

I watched the game last night and thought he played really well. He had a shot off the post but it was a difficult shot to take in a crowded box.

Havertz on the other hand - oh boy - yes he scored (a tap in), but aside from that was not great

Edited by Diddymen

JaneB   
17 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Maybe we should aim to get 5 players sent off for trivial offences, then take a 3:0 forfeiture on the basis that we have at least exposed his incompetence. Thank God Sian Massey-Ellis is VAR assistant - she has always appeared sane (despite the views of Andy Gray and Richard Keys).

I don't know why she isn't given matches now.  I'm sure players would behave a good deal better if she was in charge.

Ruudboy   
6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I don't know why she isn't given matches now.  I'm sure players would behave a good deal better if she was in charge.

Well, having watched Kateryna Monzul and her colleagues officiate between England and Andorra on Saturday, my opinion of female refs has taken a turn for the better. Streets ahead of some male refs I could mention ...

27 minutes ago, JaneB said:

17 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Well, having watched Kateryna Monzul and her colleagues officiate between England and Andorra on Saturday, my opinion of female refs has taken a turn for the better. Streets ahead of some male refs I could mention ...

Certainly IMO a successful linesman in the top mens leagues has achieved far more than any referee in the women's game (such as for example her husband).
Refereeing is a profession where there is no reason to split the males from the females and I welcome women to come through the male reffing route, and would be happy for them to be fast tracked (especially since there already exist fast-track routes).
Sian Massey-Ellis is a success all around (and football is the winner).

What I don't accept is women's refereeing as an equivalent profession or the awarding of international games to female referees.  Stick them on the male fast track route instead - please.

Chrisb   

Kante and James returned to full training today so hopefully they will feature in this match.

Ham   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes, at least hope so.  Though I gather he missed a few for Germany on top of the 2 he scored.  

Another myth created by lazy commentators.

One good shot from a difficult angle hit the post and another instinctive first time shot from a cross was on target but saved at point blank range.

I've seen this recently where a brilliant save comes under the "Werner miss" category to create a picture of a poor player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Another myth created by lazy commentators.

One good shot from a difficult angle hit the post and another instinctive first time shot from a cross was on target but saved at point blank range.

I've seen this recently where a brilliant save comes under the "Werner miss" category to create a picture of a poor player. 

Good news.  Thanks.  For me it is either listen to the lazy commentators for 3 or 4 minutes or watch a whole international game all the way through ....

paulw66   
48 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Kante and James returned to full training today so hopefully they will feature in this match.

Both ideal players for an away game at a team like Brentford IMO

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good news.  Thanks.  For me it is either listen to the lazy commentators for 3 or 4 minutes or watch a whole international game all the way through ....

Nobody should have to suffer through an entire international match!