• Current Donation Goals

chara

Which team do you truly dislike?

chara   

A recent post got me thinking about clubs I REALLY dislike...I don't mean the Tribal Stuff.....standard anti...but the lesser in many ways more meaningful and personal  dislikes.

I "love to hate Leeds" but I dislike intensely QPR..for obvious reasons and I have commented many times (too many I guess!) about Barnes and Burnley...... Reading again for obvious reasons..... more on my list but anyone else?

Ruudboy   

Peterborough and Don-*******-caster. Horrible lot.

ps I do like the way this software turns ******* into seven asterisks. Means I can use bad language without being taken to task. Thanks mods 

Edited by Ruudboy

chara   
54 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Peterborough and Don-*******-caster. Horrible lot.

ps I do like the way this software turns ******* into seven asterisks. Means I can use bad language without being taken to task. Thanks mods 

That's what I was looking for...Thanks mate....now...why ?.....

Oh and as I look at it again...Peter Borough and Don Caster...sounds like a nasty duo of match day commentators !!...or ?...any offerings?

Ham   

Dippers and N17 Trophy Dodgers.

That was easy. 

Next question. 

• Haha 1

chara   
35 minutes ago, Ham said:

Dippers and N17 Trophy Dodgers.

That was easy. 

Next question. 

Too easy Ham...you must have inner demons from "other" sides...... ...I mean DISLIKE as opposed to, not to put too fine of a point on it, the standard sneer abhor vomit inducing easy targets..(which I share with you.)

Edited by chara

Sciatika   

I tend to reserve my dislikes for a few key clubs. So, as with others here, Spurs and Liverpool, mainly along with any other 'giants' of the top flight. Most of the rest only warrant a shrug of the shoulders. It is the sense of entitlement that grates most. For some reason, we are told that 'xxxx' are such a 'big club' they deserve to be successful. According to this logic, Leeds and Forest "deserve" to be in the top flight, Spurs, Liverpool and Man United deserve trophies, Arsenal deserves a competent manager and so on. It's odd because it runs counter to a football meritocracy. Surely the ones that deserve to achieve are those who actually do so. If not, the rest have been cheated. Consequently, the "big club" thing is always couched in terms of more successful, less deserving clubs being fuelled by investment, despite these clubs having been reliant on external investment for much of their history.

The adulation is even devolved to the fans, who are, somehow, more loyal than others. I could understand that for clubs that haven't won anything for years, such as Luton or Spurs, or never really won anything at all. But the loyalty of the fans of big clubs seems so much tied to their historic success that one might be forgiven for thinking their large fan base is a consequence of that success - that they are 'big' clubs because of their fairweather fans. I like winning, but it never bothered me that Chelsea was not uber-successful in my teenage. After all, we got to see the likes of Fillery and Droy and a front line of Speedie, Dixon and Nevin scoring goals was a joy to behold. With such beauty, what matter trophies? More, their fans are painted as paragons even when there is clear evidence to the contrary. Many actually believe it, taking the view that they are somehow more virtuous than others. I wonder how many buses have to be destroyed, how many cups of piss are to be thrown at opposition fans or homophobic chants sung. All are overlooked. However, I reserve a special place in my heart for the thugs who magically turn up for fixtures against Millwall, Cardiff and Leeds.

Sometimes it's not even the club's fault. When I hear a BBC commentator use the words "Manchester United" in a reverential manner or remind us that midweek nights at Anfield are, somehow, more special than in, say, Stoke, I tend to feel my hackles begin to rise. Everton is no more "the people's club' than Tranmere and Newcastle is a big club largely because it is the only club in a large conurbation and not a very successful one at that. Of course, there is the other end of the axis, the fans of the small clubs that, for no readily apparent reason, see themselves as the salt of the earth and seem to believe that, as a result, they should be more allowed more leeway in the governance of the game. QPR are in that group. Nasty little ...

Edited by Sciatika

Chrisb   

The dippers. No one else comes even close to my hatred for that bunch of sympathy junkies.

I really don't like the dippers , in large for the way they are feted in the media when they hadn't won the league for thirty years and the collective media led yearning for this year to be their year.

The most insufferable and entitled support is easily Spurs who I still think genuinely believe they're a big club because they "did the double" in 1961 , sixty years ago. 

QPR appear to be Neanderthals from a bygone age who should be stopped from ever being in the upper echelon again.

The others are generally individuals , Robert Martinez and Brendan "Figjam" Rodgers being just two . 

Ruudboy   
14 hours ago, chara said:

That's what I was looking for...Thanks mate....now...why ?.....

Oh and as I look at it again...Peter Borough and Don Caster...sounds like a nasty duo of match day commentators !!...or ?...any offerings?

Worked in Peterborough in '90, at the worst and most immoral company I've ever worked for. Horrible lot. Barry Fry was manager of the so-called Posh (not), self-seeking character. As a Cambridge United supporter, what do you expect me to say?

Doncaster. Now there's a few stories: (1) Dropped by a lift on the motorway when hitching back from visiting pals from Geordieland, got picked up by the police for walking on the motorway, and they watched while I walked across a ploughed field for 2 miles in the driving rain. All the way. Fatherless people. (2) Their supporters attacked us (CU supporters) at an away match, then their police (them again) arrested my mate who defended himself but unfortunately broke a jaw in doing so. Return match, they came round the ground determined on revenge and kicked our local policeman's dog. Result? Local copper said "he'd gone blind for one minute" and my buddy did a repeat act. Result? They nicked the dog-kicker for damaging police property or similar, and my mate walked free. And got a free pint after the match from our local law enforcement officer, on behalf of Fido. (3) Chelsea awayday train oop north stopped off at Doncaster, where we had to walk the gauntlet between a whole line of coppers and their doggies, all on hind legs, slavering and yapping. The dogs, that is, although their handlers weren't much better. Something snapped, and I said "down", firmly and loudly. They all complied. Wish the local gendarmes had. Maybe it's Doncaster coppers I detest most, but I don't fancy the team anyway.

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

...... When I hear a BBC commentator use the words "Manchester United" in a reverential manner or remind us that midweek nights at Anfield are, somehow, more special than in, say, Stoke, I tend to feel my hackles begin to rise. 

My gorge and your hackles.

PS Add QPR, who terrorised my wife and daughter on the District Line. Bastards. 

Edited by Ruudboy

chara   
3 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Worked in Peterborough in '90, at the worst and most immoral company I've ever worked for. Horrible lot. Barry Fry was manager of the so-called Posh (not), self-seeking character. As a Cambridge United supporter, what do you expect me to say?

Doncaster. Now there's a few stories: (1) Dropped by a lift on the motorway when hitching back from visiting pals from Geordieland, got picked up by the police for walking on the motorway, and they watched while I walked across a ploughed field for 2 miles in the driving rain. All the way. Fatherless people. (2) Their supporters attacked us (CU supporters) at an away match, then their police (them again) arrested my mate who defended himself but unfortunately broke a jaw in doing so. Return match, they came round the ground determined on revenge and kicked our local policeman's dog. Result? Local copper said "he'd gone blind for one minute" and my buddy did a repeat act. Result? They nicked the dog-kicker for damaging police property or similar, and my mate walked free. And got a free pint after the match from our local law enforcement officer, on behalf of Fido. (3) Chelsea awayday train oop north stopped off at Doncaster, where we had to walk the gauntlet between a whole line of coppers and their doggies, all on hind legs, slavering and yapping. The dogs, that is, although their handlers weren't much better. Something snapped, and I said "down", firmly and loudly. They all complied. Wish the local gendarmes had. Maybe it's Doncaster coppers I detest most, but I don't fancy the team anyway.

My gorge and your hackles.

PS Add QPR, who terrorised my wife and daughter on the District Line. Bastards. 

Ahh Ruudboy!!...it's unlikely that I will get back to UK soon, probably unlikely period, but I figure an evening with a bottle or two would keep us with stories for a long long time!

Plus being joined by a few other "older chaps" on here would probably take us a week to get through epic tales.....

Sciatika....that was yet another masterly posting....wonderful..and Thank You......

And everyone else...this Forum seldom disappoints!

• Like 1