• Current Donation Goals

navad2021

Poll for the top 10 best ever non-chelsea club teams: vote!

Top 10 non-Chelsea Football club teams of all time- vote!:  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. 10 greatest ever non-Chelsea Football club teams:

• Pep's Barcelona- "tiki-taka"
    • Ajax 1995
    • Real Madrid 2015-2018
    • Milan 1988-1995
    • Arsenal 2004
    • Bayern Munich 1974-1976
    • Liverpool 1977-1984
    • Ajax 1969-1974
    • Real Madrid 1956-1960
    • Bayern Munich 2013
    • Barcelona 2014-2017
    • Man United 1999
    • Celtic 1967
    • Santos 1960-1967
    • Bayern Munich 2019-20
    • Barcelona 1990-1994
    • Liverpool 2018-2020
    • Real Madrid 2000-2003
    • Milan 2002-2007
    • Inter 1963-1967
    • Torino- 1940's
    • Flamengo 1980-81

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2021 at 08:34 PM

Hi guys. Here are 22 of the greatest ever non-chelsea club teams. Please, vote for the top 10 best of all time.

May we have a great discussion

JaneB   

I have to admit my ignorance and say I have absolutely no idea how to vote on this one but thank you for the initiative.

chara   
2 hours ago, JaneB said:

I have to admit my ignorance and say I have absolutely no idea how to vote on this one but thank you for the initiative.

It's not ignorance Jane....it's only relatively recently that access to global football has been available...and to some extent even the English game....in my time it has gone from only seeing games if you went to a ground to the now access to all EPL and lower division games.

My initial response was the Real Madrid 1956-1960 but realised that was based on one classic European Cup Final and the Legend of those years ..... 

So...I'll wait a while......

• Like 1

Sciatika   

I think there are different reasons for choosing different clubs. For instance, I have always had a soft spot (not sure that's the right phrase) for the Celtic team that won the European Cup in 1967 partly because they were all local boys from Glasgow. Should that matter? Probably not. Man Utd's team of 1999 are remembered because of the generation of talented youth. The LFC team of the late 70s for their success (spit). I have fond memories of the 2004-6 Chelsea side for the same reason. It felt like they would never lose. I suspect Arsenal fans would say the same about the Invincibles. Many of those I do not remember. Others I never saw much of them because I don't watch enough European football to be able to say and so it is hard for me to know.  Since there are no Chelsea teams there, I would be tempted to plump for Pep's Barcelona. They were one of the most influential sides because they changed the way football was played or, possibly, they were the best exponent of a series of changes that swept European football at the time. It left a mark that remains today though I think most teams are better placed to know how to deal with the tika-taka style.

Jasonb   

This is difficult as I do not follow other teams that much.

Remember when Michael Thomas got the League winner up at Anfield and cheered that not because I liked Arsenal just fed up with Liverpool.

I didn't follow Utd that much though did like Cantona yet think the was before 1999.

We had some great contests with Barcelona in the 2000's to 2010, I remember Eto and Ronaldinho yet would hesitate to say one was better

I'd go for AC Milan 1989-95.  They were written off after Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard left after they lost to Marseille I 1993,  but bounced back the following year to produce in my opinion the best performance ever from a team in a Champions League final, destroying Johann Cruyff's "Dream Team" 4-0, I think Desailly also played for them that night.  No team would have lived Milan that night on that performance.  Didn't like the Man U of the early Prem years either, Cantona regularly went missing in big European games, and I'm no buying the excuse of the four foreigners rule either.  The 1999 team was just jammy and lucky, and as the old saying goes "what goes around, comes around" when 2 years later Bayern avenged that defeat by beating Man U on the way to winning it.  I prefered the Galactico's of Real Madrid to any Barcelona team, Barca wrre so arrogant, had a chip on their shoulder and would cry every time they got beat, especially by us.

• Like 2

Jasonb   
On 10/11/2021 at 6:41 PM, blueandproud said:

I'd go for AC Milan 1989-95.  They were written off after Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard left after they lost to Marseille I 1993,  but bounced back the following year to produce in my opinion the best performance ever from a team in a Champions League final, destroying Johann Cruyff's "Dream Team" 4-0, I think Desailly also played for them that night.  No team would have lived Milan that night on that performance.  

Was that the match where Luis Enrique appeared to have his nose broken?

If so, shockingly one of the most one sided performances at top level I had seen between the footballing giants.

Pep's Barcelona are over-rated, pass it to deathers. Perhaps I can't see passed our rivalry with them in that era. 

Madrid's 4 CLs in 5 seasons is an astonishing achievement considering no team in the CL Era had retained it until then. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

If so, shockingly one of the most one sided performances at top level I had seen between the footballing giants.

I think so.  But Barca and Cruyff deserved that bloody good hiding for their arrogance prior to the game, giving it large in that how they were the superior team and better to watch, and got well and truly embarrassed.  I think Pep Guardiola was in that Barca team as well, along with the vastly overrated Hristo Stoichkov,, who also shouted his mouth off about what he was going to do to Desailly, and to add insult to injury, Desailly also scored in that game, and that was effectively the end for so ca;;ed Barcelona "Dream Team", a year late Cruyff got the sack.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I think so.  But Barca and Cruyff deserved that bloody good hiding for their arrogance prior to the game, giving it large in that how they were the superior team and better to watch, and got well and truly embarrassed.  I think Pep Guardiola was in that Barca team as well, along with the vastly overrated Hristo Stoichkov,, who also shouted his mouth off about what he was going to do to Desailly, and to add insult to injury, Desailly also scored in that game, and that was effectively the end for so called Barcelona "Dream Team", a year late Cruyff got the sack.

Edited by blueandproud