• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
JaneB

Chelsea vs Malmo FF

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Group H match against Malmo FF at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Wednesday, 20th October 2021 (Local time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

JaneB   

This, obviously, is quite simply a must win and anything else is unacceptable. We should have some players rested and ready for this, so I expect quite a strong team with a view of getting the match one as early as possible so that we can use the full 5 subs to get some rest for some others.

I think we’ll see:

Mendy

Azpi
Silva
Christensen

James
Jorginho
Kante
Alonso

Mount
Lukaku
Havertz

Rob B   

^ Is Silva available?  I could well be wrong, but I thought he had to isolate for 10 days.

Also, if ever there was a game in which Saul was going to be given minutes, it would be a Home European match against the ‘minnows’ of the group.  (I wouldn’t start him personally, just saying) 

13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

^ Is Silva available?  I could well be wrong, but I thought he had to isolate for 10 days.

Also, if ever there was a game in which Saul was going to be given minutes, it would be a Home European match against the ‘minnows’ of the group.  (I wouldn’t start him personally, just saying) 

Two good points actually, you may well be right about Silva, in which case Christensen in the middle and maybe Sarr gets another game.

Saul probably should be at least be getting a decent run out in this match, otherwise it’s going to quite quickly become a really pointless loan move for all involved. 

Mendy

RJ AC Chalobah

CHO RlC jorginho Alonso

Kai Lukaku mount

Our attack NEEDS to get going. I would rest azpi, kante for this match. Don't know if Silva is available or not, absolutely no point in risking him in this game.

CHO must play.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I believe Silva IS available as the rules regarding red lists, self-isolation etc have recently changed. Furthermore, Brazil is currently no longer on the UK's red list. So, so long as he takes a test 2 days after returning which says he's OK or is double-vaccinated, AND he doesn't show symptoms, he doesn't need to self-isolate.

• Like 1

Diddymen   

I though the rules of which date to play following champions league matches on Wednesdays had changed? We’re playing the early kick off on Saturday following this match. (I know it’s only Norwich - but still)

Edited by Diddymen

3 hours ago, Diddymen said:

I though the rules of which date to play following champions league matches on Wednesdays had changed? We’re playing the early kick off on Saturday following this match. (I know it’s only Norwich - but still)

Starting to sound like Klopp