• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mo_k

How Dependent Are We?

mo_k   

Chelsea have had a fantastic year so far, and with the Premiership title coming ever closer, and the prospect of the Champions league semi-final we can agree it promises to get better.

But Chelsea have got a lot of criticsm all the way, from managers, players and even various footballing associations(UEFA). One point many players and managers criticised us on was the fact that we have got a lot of money and that we are not a football club, but a Abramovich's toy. Before the bayern game one of thier players (can't remember who! sorry)said that without Abramovich we will be nothing and that he 'will enjoy beating this company'.

This really irritates me considering how much success we have had(or going to have)this season. But is it true? Are we that dependent on Abramovich's money?!

Seantg   

Money has always provided teams with a good chance of success on the football field. However as Real Madrid have shown over these last few seasons it is the not the only requirement. Chelseas success this season has been based on hard work and team spirit.

In a sport dominated by the "green backs" money will always make a big impact and let's face it those who have the money will always be criticised whilst those who don't have it will always be jealous.

Don't take it personally mate. This is the price of success which us Chelsea fans are just not used to! Look at the gried Man Utd have had over the years, why, because they were successful!

It was Lizarazu (spelling?). No offense to him but Chelsea have been around for awhile. In 2000 we had the title won and fell apart with 3 matches to play. It is basic ignorance on the parts of players and managers. We have been a solid side for about 6 or 7 years. This year without the talent we have now, I think that we would be ahead of Everton and Liverpool and surely Newcastle. There is a chance that we could still challenge. Chelsea have been a good side for awhile. Lizarazu is a muppet.

mdave   

Every club depends on money. But some knows how to use it, and some not (Real, f.e.).

Before RA we were days away from being bust. Since RA came, the TV money is about the same but is going down, the crowds are about the same and we've spent £230m on players. Dependent? Us? Nah.

Who cares what they say? I'd rather have money than not anyway.

Of course we're dependent. No team can function without money, but even if we hadn't been bought by Roman I doubt we would be where we are now, but I think we would still be looking at a Champions League spot.

Water off a ducks back, all the time the comments keep flying, we must be doing well.

I will settle for that.

Blueshed   
quote:Originally posted by mo_k

Chelsea have had a fantastic year so far, and with the Premiership title coming ever closer, and the prospect of the Champions league semi-final we can agree it promises to get better.

But Chelsea have got a lot of criticsm all the way, from managers, players and even various footballing associations(UEFA). One point many players and managers criticised us on was the fact that we have got a lot of money and that we are not a football club, but a Abramovich's toy. Before the bayern game one of thier players (can't remember who! sorry)said that without Abramovich we will be nothing and that he 'will enjoy beating this company'.

This really irritates me considering how much success we have had(or going to have)this season. But is it true? Are we that dependent on Abramovich's money?!

id="quote">

id="quote">

In a word YES