• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ove

Mikel John Obi Off To China!

Ove   

It's previously been reported on this board about the impressing Nigerian starlet John Obi Mikel from Norwegian side Lyn, I think two articles have been translated into English and presented here. It was widely expected Chelsea already had him in the bag, in fact the player at one point first told journalists he was on loan from Chelsea before later denying it. Another Nigerian mate of Mikel at Lyn has just been training with Chelsea for some months.

English article:

http://www.breakingn...tory200382.html

Mikel wasn't given any concrete offer from Chelsea, he says himself in another article. Jim Ryan, a representative of Manchester United, says the 18-year old is already a good player and can become outstanding. Man U and Lyn will reportedly become partners in developing young players.

Poor luck for us, as Mourinho has allegedly said in his Portuguese column that he'd struck gold by finding this player. Of course I now hope he'll turn out to be terrible for ManU and that they paid lots of money for him. Transfer fee hasn't been disclosed.

Harvz   

You can see the summer headlines already after our first signing.

"Batman out, Robinho in".

Obi wan who??

Kezza   

For Mourinho to say he's struck gold discovering this player, it must be a real blow to him and all of us. I believe Manu are now tracking our targets because they haven't been able to get any worthy players for the past few seasons.

I still think think Robben will be a better signing that if we had sign that Nigerian. So we have still pinched someone better from Utd tahn they have off us.

mark g   

Knowing Utd's track reocrd with youngsters recently,the lad will probably end up being shipped off to preston in 2 years time

Bad news, other half said that we were really impressed with him. And we was going to sign him. Well done Man United hope we learn from this, we have to be on our guard because we are tracking the finest young talent all over the world, but once found must be more professional at signing them. Still we have got Robben.