• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   

Stenning definitely got a third year of his scholarship btw.

Mitrovic is the only one obviously going/gone, though I can't understand why Mellis and C Clifford are being kept around. Hopefully Taylor and Gordon will stay at their current clubs permanently.

Crocks Phillip, Ashton, Pappoe and Stenning will have another season to get their fitness and try to find contracts elsewhere.

Saville, Ince, B Clifford and ADC should go on loan.

That just leaves Loudon who has hardly been used and so is unlikely to stay beyond his scholarship.

Don't think Mellis and Clifford are being kept around, maybe just unwanted. Not sure being injured stops them being good enough in the future although I have never seen Mills-Pappoe as mobile enough anyway. Think your list of loanees will all happen next year, the club like the boys to be at least 19 I think before they go off.

ChelC   

Mitrovic is the only one obviously going/gone, though I can't understand why Mellis and C Clifford are being kept around. Hopefully Taylor and Gordon will stay at their current clubs permanently.

Crocks Phillip, Ashton, Pappoe and Stenning will have another season to get their fitness and try to find contracts elsewhere.

Saville, Ince, B Clifford and ADC should go on loan.

That just leaves Loudon who has hardly been used and so is unlikely to stay beyond his scholarship.

From the list I doubt there is any of the players there that the club thinks will break through so some sort of declutter expected. but I doubt the club will get rid of any of them until their contracts run out.

Club will probably sell C.Clifford, Mellis and B.Clifford if they recieve a good offer but they will still harbour hopes that they are only a good loan move away from being closer to 1st team.

As per DannyB's tweet earlier, a 16 yr old spanish striker from Hercules is on trial at the moment & CFC are about to decide on his signing for about 150K. Links are http://elcentrocampista.com/2012/03/chelsea-close-in-on-spanish-teenage-star/

also here: http://www.diarioinformacion.com/hercules-cf/2012/03/07/chelsea-prueba-ashford/1231302.html

I rate Billy Clifford, we should keep him, I don't know why they didn't keep him learning the RB position.

A bit short in midfield for a while and Kane was playing well enough I guess. Agree though, good engine for RB. OK on the right in MF maybe, just not convinced about him in the middle. He'll go on loan next year as well so we'll what he is capable of.

A bit short in midfield for a while and Kane was playing well enough I guess. Agree though, good engine for RB. OK on the right in MF maybe, just not convinced about him in the middle. He'll go on loan next year as well so we'll what he is capable of.

I hope Toddy isn't the reason, I think RB would be the best position for B.Clifford & they shouldn't have moved him back into midfield just because there's competition in that spot.

If that was the reasoning.

Neil Ashton this morning suggested that Guardiola wouldn't want to come to Chelsea as he likes to work with an academy with talent & Chelsea's academy should be scrapped & started again because it has failed & so much money has been spent on it, but, McEachran cannot even get into the Swansea squad & we are yet to see the results of Arnesen bought players in the 1st team.

We've talked about in this thread about whether an academy's worth can be qualified by the number of players that manage to be integrated into the 1st team.

People forget that not long ago

Eto'o

Ronaldinho Messi

Xavi Deco

Marquez

Gio----------------- Puyol

Edmilson Oleguer

Valdes

Does Barcelona's academy & the talent they have in there all of a sudden become better under Guardiola. Guardiola former Barca B boss who sold the big stars to make way for the academy products? When you think of Manchester city who were talking about Michael Johnson, Kasper Schmeichel, Nedam Onouha, Vladimir Weiss, Daniel Sturridge, Stephen Ireland, Micah Richards etc.. Showing that their academy is good & producing players. Now they are playing at a higher level, they only have Micah Richards as an academy grad starting for them. (Hart = bought) It's tougher to trust in academy players when your remit is to compete for the title.

but, all the people that try to mock.. and people like Neil Ashton that say that Chelsea waste money & do nothing good in the acdemy & Arnesen was rubbish & in the same breath, look at Swansea & praise Brendan Rodgers as a manager, in the same breath say, the players that Arnesen bought are not good enough...

Yet they want Sturridge to start for England, in the same breath they say Arnesen's players he bought are not good enough.. Yet Bruma is in the NT doing very well (even better than Kompany did) at HSV..

The same people that praise Barcelona whose academy blossomed properly 20 years later.. & they love the Barca products.. They should remember that Luis Enrique the Barca B coach that succeeded Guardiola is now at Roma. Bojan, the hyped up Barca product that actually had been given a lot of time in the Barca 1st team...

Who is a more important player for Roma... Arnesen bought Fabio Borini who barely figured for Chelsea, or Bojan who is older, came from the heralded Barca academy.

More people need to put things into perspective. The number & quality of English lads we have coming through are improving & again & again, the players brought in are going on to prove why they were targeted. I hate when people that think they know so much unjustly criticise the academy.

The number & quality of English lads we have coming through are improving & again & again, the players brought in are going on to prove why they were targeted. I hate when people that think they know so much unjustly criticise the academy.

I keep hearing that.

When we get a player that breaks in to the team and looks as promising as Jody Morris, Carlton Cole or Jon Harley I'll start taking it seriously.

CFC1966   

I keep hearing that.

When we get a player that breaks in to the team and looks as promising as Jody Morris, Carlton Cole or Jon Harley I'll start taking it seriously.

It shouldn't be ignored that Morris, Cole and Harley broke into a team with the expectation and playing at a level nowhere near recent heights. In addition I would argue that Cole and Harley didn't exactly "break in".