• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

I hate the word ready because people use it w/out justification, for instance Romeu was 19 last season playing for us. Todd Kane will be 19 as next season starts.

All people say is this player is not ready. Why are they not ready? Why is Todd Kane not ready?

Because in my opinion he is not good enough.

If we bought this same Todd Kane from West Ham for £6m Then he'd be ready, but, because he comes from our academy he's not ready.

We did buy Glen Johnson for that price at 18 as a backup Right-back for us. The 1st signing of Roman's regime. To this day Glen Johnson gets criticised for his defensive contributions, yet, he was able to be the back up right back and the world didn't end, much like the world didn't end when Rafael came in at 18 to be Right back for Manchester United.

Both Glen Johnson and Rafael are both much better players than Kane. It's unfair on Todd to even compare him to those two. If we bought Kane for £6m the responsible scout should get fired asap.

This is me saying that I think Todd Kane at 19 is adequate enough to be backup, to a back up of a back up.

Even if Hutchinson get's a long term injury, I personally, am fine to not buy players and have Kane back up to Ferreira who is back up to Ivanovic.

So if Ivanovic get's a long-term injury all we have to look at to fill in at RB is Ferreira (hardly played for 3 seasons), Hutchinson (will he make it through the whole season - even if it's just training?) and Kane? That is awfully light in my opinion. But if we do go out and buy a viable RB, we can let Ferreira go and still keep Kane as fourth choice RB (even though I'm pretty sure Billy Clifford would be ahead of him in the pecking order anyways - and rightly so).

Why do you think he is not ready for that role?

He is not ready to be our potential 3rd choice RB (assuming Hutch can't make it back permanently). If something happens to Ivan we're in dire straits. We need another RB choice in my opinion. That doesn't mean we have to sell Kane. And it doesn't mean his progress would be seriously hampered either.

Which is my point, he doesn't seem to be an outstanding prospect so why even buy him in the first place?

Ask Emenalo if you meet him, he's one who probably signed him based on performance in Toulon tournament. I actually pointed more towards his WP situation, due to which he's not eligible to play in the UK. He mentioned there may be a loan to Spain next season. expect him to be used as a bargain chip in a big deal after a year or 2.

Mceech   

Because in my opinion he is not good enough.

Both Glen Johnson and Rafael are both much better players than Kane. It's unfair on Todd to even compare him to those two. If we bought Kane for £6m the responsible scout should get fired asap.

You haven't see a lot of Kane judging by your comments. He is an excellent prospect, has all the attributes to be a top right back.

You haven't see a lot of Kane judging by your comments. He is an excellent prospect, has all the attributes to be a top right back.

I've seen him around 10 games live (or thereabouts).

Whether that is a lot or not I leave to others to judge. Enough for me to see a lot of weaknesses I don't like though.

I've seen him around 10 games live (or thereabouts).

Whether that is a lot or not I leave to others to judge. Enough for me to see a lot of weaknesses I don't like though.

Care to elaborate? Honestly curious.

Care to elaborate? Honestly curious.

I'm not sure this is the right thread for that. Perhaps one of the mods could move our discussion through the various posts regarding Todd Kane to the reserve and youth thread and I'm happy to post my thoughts in there?

Would that be possible?

ChelC   

Another exception to add to ChelC's list. Without the exceptions, we have bought very cheap kids and not many of them :)

LOL Droy you are getting absolutely comical, You really ought to start thinking about your posts before these blindly bigoted attempts at convincing yourself of that same mute point.

Ignorance is no defence in this case though Droy!!! LOL

I am sure you probably do not know that "Davila is my hero" is a 21 year old player ( same age as Hazard). Which theoretically means that players like Sturridge, Hazard, Debruyne , Lukaku, Omeruo and Courtouis along with davila are the type of expensive kids you have been banging on about that the academy have been spending a fortune on? if so as you were droy!! as you were!

Apart from the fact that the players listed above are all between 19 - 21 years old, another common denominator is the fact that none have and will ever play a game for the CFC academy teams. I.e u18s and below. But in typical misinformed fashion, if you want to add all the cost of those players up as part of the academy costs, then go right ahead.

a bit of research wont hurt Droy, maybe it might even let you see the obvious points you have seemingly missed while building your seemingly unneccesary hatred for the academy or anything remotely close to it.

^Except that Davila is 10 or so internationals games short of a UK work permit - so he will remain as much as a project, and as little as a "player" for as long as any of our 18 year olds.

He might as well be a 12 year old.

ChelC   

^Except that Davila is 10 or so internationals games short of a UK work permit - so he will remain as much as a project, and as little as a "player" for as long as any of our 18 year olds.

^^^^ Shakes head and Laughed out Loud.

Work permit issues makes him an academy player then!!

I see the logic there then. So because Kevin de bruyne was born in europe and Davila wasnt means Davila should be attributed to our academy? LOL

You do make a point somewhere in your ramblings there when you mentioned that as of player levels, Davila is probably comparable with some of our 18 years. However trying to attribute him to the academy is just another one of your moments of bigotry because even if you see Davila as a project, it doesn't mean he is the same project as the academy.

If we are to attribute davila to the academy, we will have to say the academy produced Sturridge. but I think we will all agree on the fact that Sturridge is not an a cfc academy product but rather a project that came to good fruition courtesy of the departed Frank Arnesen (starts to duck as he awaits the tirade and argument that will come based on the sheer mention of FA)

Again a few seconds of engaging the brain will show us that Courtouis even though not needing a WP didn't play for CFC last year and will be out on loan again. So effectively he is as much a project as Davila is. Lukaku was bought not because we needed him straight away but because the 1st team could do with his potential another project which we can't attribute to our academy. apart from Hazard none of the players I mentioned are expected to walk straight into the 1st team so they are all sort of some project of Mr Emenalo.

Now if you have an issue with us buying players like the aforementioned in my previous posts then knock yourself out. But I think its plain to see that those players are not the so called 15 - 18 year olds (the extremely expensive ones) that are part of the academy.

Maybe you might have had a better argument with someone like Matej Delac

Doesn't make him a cost for the academy just because you think an 21 year old Mexican international is comparable to a 12 year old on the books of Chelsea.