• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

I've no idea about the individual - because I don't believe I can genuinely give a strong personal view unless I have watched a first team player for at least 1000 minutes. For a youth player it would probably have to be longer.

Ok, I'll ask you again 10 minutes into Ruben's 12th first team game. :)

Ok, I'll ask you again 10 minutes into Ruben's 12th first team game. :)

Quite. It took me 6 months to work out what rubbish Kalou was. Even then I thought it was just odd how he never "did" anything.

Sir   

You were never a fan of Drogba and Lampard either so I feel pretty confident that RLC's coming along very nicely indeed: (20th March 2006), "As to SFL and The Drog, people seem blind to this, but neither of them is performing any less well than their normal level of output. It's just that when they're scoring it's easy to hype their efforts but when the goals aren't going in regularly their limitations are more evident.

About Didier I may get support but I know no one agrees with me about Frank. On that though I ask you to give me that I am at least consistent because I've always expressed the opinion that Frank isn't as good as many people think he is. I know about the awards but I see what I see and can only judge on that basis whether I'm right or I'm wrong."

I'm in agreement with you.

No - we'd be admitting that it is an uneconomic way - which is different but true.

I think that is nonsense. We have spent buckets loads on players who will be great over the next 6-8 years and look likely to be spending more.

RA wants those players to bring him success and pdq..

Bringing home grown players through the Academy teams and creating first team players is the uneconomic way?

I wonder how much Barcelona would have had to pay in fees to purchase players of the quality of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Puyol, Pedro, etc. A damn sight more than it must have cost them to produce I would venture. For you to name Glenn Johnson, Diarra and Huth as home grown is really clutching at straws. You went on to suggest that we have had 'player stability' but that doesn't come into the equation because it's not the players who pick the team!

A manager will only pick young players who are still developing if they are confident that they have the faith of the man above him and that the manager is working towards the ethos laid down by the owner. If Roman wants WIN then Mourinho will manage accordingly, buying ready made players close to the peak of their career. If, as you refer to, RA wants a vibrant young team, bought when they were full of potential and hopefully going to bloom, then he has to place trust in his manager and show patience as those players develop.

You were never a fan of Drogba and Lampard either so I feel pretty confident that RLC's coming along very nicely indeed: (20th March 2006), "As to SFL and The Drog, people seem blind to this, but neither of them is performing any less well than their normal level of output. It's just that when they're scoring it's easy to hype their efforts but when the goals aren't going in regularly their limitations are more evident.

About Didier I may get support but I know no one agrees with me about Frank. On that though I ask you to give me that I am at least consistent because I've always expressed the opinion that Frank isn't as good as many people think he is. I know about the awards but I see what I see and can only judge on that basis whether I'm right or I'm wrong."

I stand by every word I wrote then.

Bringing home grown players through the Academy teams and creating first team players is the uneconomic way?

Yes - don't kid yourself that we make money on players like Patrick Bamford or all the other 7 figure Englishmen we have.

I wonder how much Barcelona would have had to pay in fees to purchase players of the quality of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Puyol, Pedro, etc. A damn sight more than it must have cost them to produce I would venture.

Well Iniesta they could never have taken on if were under English rules. Pedro moved as a 17 year old from a club over 2000 Km away.

There is a long list of reasons why Chelsea can't run an academy like Barca can. I'm not going to repeat it here.

Raising a lost argument again and again isn't a helpful way to advance a debate.

For you to name Glenn Johnson, Diarra and Huth as home grown is really clutching at straws. You went on to suggest that we have had 'player stability' but that doesn't come into the equation because it's not the players who pick the team!

A manager will only pick young players who are still developing if they are confident that they have the faith of the man above him and that the manager is working towards the ethos laid down by the owner. If Roman wants WIN then Mourinho will manage accordingly, buying ready made players close to the peak of their career. If, as you refer to, RA wants a vibrant young team, bought when they were full of potential and hopefully going to bloom, then he has to place trust in his manager and show patience as those players develop.

I don't think you read my posts with the rest of this. Too much of a non-sequitur to respond to.

Yes - don't kid yourself that we make money on players like Patrick Bamford or all the other 7 figure Englishmen we have.

Well Iniesta they could never have taken on if were under English rules. Pedro moved as a 17 year old from a club over 2000 Km away.

There is a long list of reasons why Chelsea can't run an academy like Barca can. I'm not going to repeat it here.

Raising a lost argument again and again isn't a helpful way to advance a debate.

I don't think you read my posts with the rest of this. Too much of a non-sequitur to respond to.

Or maybe I did read your posts but just don't agree with your opinion. Now there's a thought!

Or maybe I did read your posts but just don't agree with your opinion. Now there's a thought!

You didn't read or understand what I wrote - simple as that. You replied to a different set of ideas.

I read in the official website the news about our new full-time scholars like Boga, Aina, Colkett or Musonda Jr. But one question: where is Connor Hunte? Has he left Chelsea?

Codger   

I read in the official website the news about our new full-time scholars like Boga, Aina, Colkett or Musonda Jr. But one question: where is Connor Hunte? Has he left Chelsea?

From the best source around.

Furthermore, exciting winger Connor Hunte has not been listed amongst the group despite featuring more than thirty times last season and whilst it remains unconfirmed at this stage, there have been suggestions that he is no longer a part of the Chelsea academy.