• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Team: Heimann, Ofori (subbed), Bruma (subbed, back on), Saville (Tabor), Gordon (King), Hibbert (Taiwo), Clifford (Ahmed), Mellis (Kakuta), Tabor (Phillip), Nouble (Fabio), Nielsen (subbed)

Conor Clifford and Franck Nouble made their first notable appearances, Clifford is a shortish central midfielder who uses the ball fairly well and is tenacious in his style, Nouble I've seen at u16 level before as a striker alongside Phillip, but today he was out on the right, and struggled early against a former Chelsea left back, then did well to come into the play a lot more towards half time. Tabor worked well on the left of the attack because his crossing is really good, and his tandem with Ben Gordon worked well. Saville was brilliant at the back, especially when Bruma went off, and Nielsen seems to have improved a lot since I last saw him, especially his touch. A positive day really.

So are Clifford, Nouble and Bruma all officially under 16s? Is the cut-off September 1991? I find it incredible how much younger our team has become - only 3 second-years in the squad. Suppose this is quite close to the team that we'll see in the Milk Cup. Exciting for the club.

T.H.O.R.   

Here's a translation of some news about young player from Slovenia who's about to join Chelsea (original article)

Now translation :

Uros Palibrk, young player of Triglav Kranj, has dominated last year's scoring table in the U-14 category with 55 goals, which also Chelsea FC had noticed

We're sure that for young Slovenian footballer Uros Palbrik, for whom the majority haven't heard about yet, but sure we are about to hear more in the future. He got the honour to be invited by English football giant Chelsea, to join their youth team on a short time test, as the officiall website of 2nd division club Triglav, where Palibrk is currently playing.... ( long speech of the club president about good work with their youth )...

He also gained notice of Tottenham, Lecce and Inter. Which isn't a coincidence, because in last season, the 1992 born Palibrk scored 55 goals in the U-14 league in 26 matches, which is 21 more than the 2nd placed top goalscorer.

Well, as a great fan of Chelsea, I hope he'll stay there, and we see some more of him in a couple of years : )

That's also good news for Slovenian football, because we're in quite a deep sh** for the last years, and now, he joining a test at Chelsea, and other young players tranining with Milan and Inter is some good news..

Edited by T.H.O.R.

Juni   

As per CTV online, Michael Woods and Carl Magnay have signed professional contracts with the club over the weekend. No idea on length but I'd imagine Magnay is for two years and Woodsy for three, taking them both through to the end of the season where they turn 20, as that seems standard amongst the club.

syza   
According to calciomercato we signed a 15 years old Italian Fabio Borini from Bologna.

Juni has already said that he's scored 3 goals for us in 2 games, I believe.

Juni   

Vaguely adds up, resolves the identity of the trialist 'Fabio' who has scored in the last two preseason games.

syza   
Vaguely adds up, resolves the identity of the trialist 'Fabio' who has scored in the last two preseason games.

Yeah, I was reading your report the other day and was wondering who he was, then I read the report on the official site and noticed the kid scored the third goal.

Svend   

ex youth/reserve report.

Tom Bird had a trail with Swindon I belive he was unsucesful and Sam Hurrel is still on a trail at Blackpool his fate will be decided soon.

Edited by Svend

Chelsea beat Co. Londonderry 1-0 tonight in the Milk Cup, junior Section