• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

hanuma   
So Fabio is more Joaquin in style, right-footed direct, big and good pace and strength? Is that a better comparison.
No. Not really. Joaquin is fat with above average pace and strength. Fabio is leaner, faster and more direct. There isn't a great direct comparison with anyone. I think Juni had it right with Ronaldo without the tricks, which is sort of satirical considering it's such a hard thing to divorce tricks from Cristiano really.

Svend   

Does anyone know if Lee Saywer is back training? Because I know he was injured why he didn't go to USA, but maybe Juni knows if he seen him about while he has been down there.

Juni   

I've not noticed if I'm honest, there's not been any news anyway.

Ben Sahar's just scored twice in a matter of minutes for QPR in their friendly against Fulham to put them 2-1 up, I only saw the second but he took it with incredible composure. Just been subbed, got 70 mins. Mancienne also playing, at centre back.

Slightly predictable, but Scott Sinclair has been excluded from Chelseaàs final squad for the CYC with Sergio Tejera being selected instead. This must mean that Sergio has missed out on the Spain squad for the Under 17 World Cup. Judging by squad numbers our team for the tournament will be:

.............................1.Taylor

2.Cummings...3.Hutchinson..4.Magnay..5.Bertrand

.............................8.Bridcutt

..................6.Cork.............10.Sawyer

........7.Ferreira........................11.Stoch

.............................9.Nielsen

Subs: 12.Van Aanholt, 13.Heimann, 14.Taiwo, 15.Bruma, 16.Hibbert, 17.Gordon, 18.Mellis, 19.Kakuta, 20.Tejera

Michael Woods and Nana Ofori-Twumasi have been confirmed in the England squad for the Under 17 World Cup. Taiwo was left out.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U17s/NewsAndF...adannounced.htm

Juni   

Harry Worley played for Charlton today in a friendly against Braga, he got 23 minutes and was booked. Their site says he was 'on trial' which leads me to panic just a bit as it doesn't say with a view to a loan move but I think I'm secure in mind enough to know it was that and unlikely to be anywhere near permanent.

Would be an incredibly good loan move for him though.

hanuma   

At Charlton and Wembley at the same time? Or were there some wacky races to get him to Wembley on time?

At Charlton and Wembley at the same time? Or were there some wacky races to get him to Wembley on time?

Maybe Roman sent a helicopter to get him from New Eltham to Wembley. Let's hope that Pardew was won over by the sight of Worley almost making his debut and gives him a chance on loan. This must mean that Mancienne is staying at QPR and that Pettigrew is going nowhere but out of Chelsea.

Any news of Anthony Grant being out on loan-trial too? Or was Mourinho so unimpressed with his fouling at Brondby that he decided that Hilario would be a better option in midfield?

Juni   

I've just seen that Setanta is showing The Champions Youth Cup, which is excellent. Currently only scheduled to show Malaysia vs Chelsea at 13.40 on Friday of our games, but I'm assuming some form of highlights involved too and tournament progression will see more coverage for Chelsea.

Still no player photos on the site for the team, largely because the club haven't made them available yet.