• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Okay, I'll have to keep that in mind. Cheers!

And I have to correct my previous post, the match is on Wednesday, not Thursday. Would be nice if it was closer to London...

No problem.

Well, it's quite close to Cobham. If you take a car, you could use the opportunity to take a look. At the fences around the training complex, anyway. :)

I went to see the under 18's yesterday in the FA Youth Cup and tonight the under 21's in the new International Cup.

Good performance last night and not the strongest team tonight but solid enough.

Watch out for Kasey Palmer's two goals, one either night. Both are quite special strikes, tonight's was something else.

Some good team goals last night as well.

Edited by East Lower

paulw66   

I went to see the under 18's yesterday in the FA Youth Cup and tonight the under 21's in the new International Cup.

Good performance last night and not the strongest team tonight but solid enough.

Watch out for Kasey Palmer's two goals, one either night. Both are quite special strikes, tonight's was something else.

Some good team goals last night as well.

Apparently the Porto team we beat plays in the Portuguese second division. Impressive if true.

Apparently the Porto team we beat plays in the Portuguese second division. Impressive if true.

I think they are referred to as Porto 'B'.

They were probably what you'd expect of a Portuguese side, good with the ball, nice first touch and good movement. Lacked penetration or a forward to make the most of the opportunities they did create.

I sat next to one of their squad, not enough room in the Aldershot dug-outs, he wasn't happy at all at not making the team.

It was free to get in, so a cheap European fixture, there's a first.

Interesting for two reasons:

- Our side was anything but "first choice", due to a clash of fixtures with the FAYC. Lots of very, very young players who aren't even regular starters in the U18s. We had some schoolboys involved and several first years made an impression.

- Their side, aside from being in the top half of the 2nd Portugese division, has an average age of about 20 (compared to ours on the day of probably 17 or 18), making them not only vastly more experienced, but physically more developed.

A midfield of RLC, Ake and Christensen put the youngsters within reach and a brace of beautiful goals made the difference.

paulw66   

It was free to get in, so a cheap European fixture, there's a first.

Group games at SB in the CL are cheap, as were all the Europa League games in 2013.

I actually think cup games in general at SB are reasonably priced, certainly in comparison to others.