Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

12,038 posts in this topic

You start by saying that the players we bring who are already performing at a high level are likely to be much better than the ones we took on at 16. Then claim the Academy players should be given the same chance.

Which is doubly odd - they are given the same chance, just don't make it so often.

We're one of the few top clubs

Indeed we are. And in the single top league. And yes that does make it harder for players to break through.

Looks like Aina is going to join Arsenal in the summer. Apparently refused to sign a new contract as he has no faith of getting a shot in the first team. Inevitable this was going to happen. He don't trust our youngsters to compete against league 1 opponents let alone in the premiership

Looks like Aina is going to join Arsenal in the summer. Apparently refused to sign a new contract as he has no faith of getting a shot in the first team. Inevitable this was going to happen. He don't trust our youngsters to compete against league 1 opponents let alone in the premiership

Never seen him play, is he any good though?

Never seen him play, is he any good though?

Absolutely. Which is why he is being targeted by Arsenal and Liverpool not West Brom and Swansea*

*no disrespect intended

Absolutely. Which is why he is being targeted by Arsenal and Liverpool not West Brom and Swansea*

*no disrespect intended

Seems like ivanovic is signing an extension to his contract, maybe that's the reason for aina to leave?

It appears that Jake Clarke-Salter and Kasey Palmer are less than impressed with our new American centre back signing! 

Kasey tagged JCS in the clubs announcement of it on social media, followed by a 🤔.  JCS replied with the same emoticon.

Wholely unprofessional, especially to do it on the official page, and has already created a sub-story online, however I can totally sympathise with the feeling. 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

It appears that Jake Clarke-Salter and Kasey Palmer are less than impressed with our new American centre back signing! 

Kasey tagged JCS in the clubs announcement of it on social media, followed by a 🤔.  JCS replied with the same emoticon.

Wholely unprofessional, especially to do it on the official page, and has already created a sub-story online, however I can totally sympathise with the feeling. 

Wholly unprofessional, but can I just say I appreciate it when players are open and honest.  Of course it must look a bit odd to them.  Pato too.

And then there is the whole instagram thing - the new American and Pato put out an instagram to celebrate their arrival.  Jt does them all the time.  Am I being cynical in assuming that all the players have commercial deals sponsored by Instagram?  I don't think so.

So the irony (I love irony) in 2 or 3 Chelsea youth players using instagram to comment is exquisite.

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Funny how one comment with no words can be misunderstood🤔 people jump to conclusions too quick