Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

12,038 posts in this topic

Congratulations to the U18s on reaching another Youth Cup final. 9-2 on aggregate!

Posted (edited)

Just watching the Youth Cup final. I have to keep turning the sound down. Why do they have bands in the crowd? It drives me mad I tells 'e.

Edited by Sea foot

Fair play to city for building a purpose built stadium for the youth/ladies/development squads to play in. 

Is this what we're planning at Plough Lane or are we going to use whatever is already there?

On the game, we have some seriously talented youth again. Mason Mount has been impressing for a couple of years. 

Kingsmeadow, not Plough Lane. They'll smarten it up in places (though it doesn't need a great deal of work to serve a purpose) and then yeah, do the same as City with the ladies and U23s, plus Youth Cup games. Not sure the 18s will play many league games there though.

Youth playing like Barcelona in the FA cup final. They're a credit to the club.  

Posted (edited)

Great 3rd goal... I was screaming at N'dou (sorry not exactly sure about the spellig) to pass to Mount, but what a finish. Great 4th goal too from Dujon Sterling

Edited by Bob Singleton

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Great 3rd goal... I was screaming at N'dou (sorry not exactly sure about the spellig) to pass to Mount, but what a finish. Great 4th goal too from Dujon Sterling

First and second goals were pretty damn good too!

Indeed! And now he's been subbed I can see it was Hudson-Odoi and not "N'dou" ;-) And in goes a 5th!

Excellent job by the youngsters. Some great talent on show and a thoroughly deserved victory again. My take is that, if we keep plugging away year after year like this, we will start to bear fruit for the 1st team at some point soon and once it starts coming, it wont stop.

If one of these players are to make it here, my money would be on Dujon Sterling. Fantastic talent.