• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

jones   
On 8/18/2017 at 11:58 PM, Juni said:

Most impressive about him is his physical game. For a slightly-built 16 year-old he's competitive, combative, and very good in the air.

Any chance he will take a "short cut" into the first team, considering he is such a talent and already featured in professional football? Or can we expect the customary two years in the academy, followed by 1-2 seasons on loan?

On 8/20/2017 at 6:46 PM, jones said:

Any chance he will take a "short cut" into the first team, considering he is such a talent and already featured in professional football? Or can we expect the customary two years in the academy, followed by 1-2 seasons on loan?

Looks like there may well be...

Separately, is there no thread for Andreas Christensen? After all the gnashing of teeth regarding youth prospects and academy graduates since JT, I think we're sleeping on Christensen. He's made the leap, hasn't he?

Ham   
1 minute ago, A Blue Essien said:

Separately, is there no thread for Andreas Christensen? After all the gnashing of teeth regarding youth prospects and academy graduates since JT, I think we're sleeping on Christensen. He's made the leap, hasn't he?

He's absolutely mint.  I've seen a couple of instances of pure class from him in his limited appearances that I've never seen from Cahill in years. Once in particular in his first game where he was chasing a ball into his own area under pressure from an attacker and managed to out-muscle him, flick the ball back over his own shoulder, turn and calmly come away with the ball. It was at the MH end.

He'll definitely make it with us. 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

2 hours ago, Ham said:

He's absolutely mint.  I've seen a couple of instances of pure class from him in his limited appearances that I've never seen from Cahill in years. Once in particular in his first game where he was chasing a ball into his own area under pressure from an attacker and managed to out-muscle him, flick the ball back over his own shoulder, turn and calmly come away with the ball. It was at the MH end.

Agreed on all counts. 

People need to be patient with the young players. I am sure if Ampadu is shipped out on loan there will be uproar, but he is 17, the same age as when Christiensen first emerged. 4 years, and a 2 year loan spell later, he is getting chances, at 21. 

xCELERYx   
20 hours ago, Ham said:

He definitely has all the modern day tools to be a long term lynchpin here. At this stage it looks like Conte has him as backup to Luiz in that central CB role. Which, from what I hear is where he played when on loan in Germany. Will be interesting to see if he moves into one of the L/R CB roles at some point, although I am not thinking he will as that seems more like Rudiger's role. 

If he can get 20 odd games this season, I think that's a sign of real progress and a show he's got a real future here. 

Musonda - lost track of where he was last discussed (and the search page isn't helping).

Anyway - is he really being considered as part of the first team, or just making up the numbers in training.  It seems he has his own view on that:

DLulMPhVwAA3Pux.jpg

https://twitter.com/feroze17/status/917508650238754816/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.101greatgoals.com%2Fnews%2Fcharly-musonda-writes-astonishing-rant-chelsea-youth-policy%2F

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/charly-musonda-writes-astonishing-rant-chelsea-youth-policy/

Edit - odd timing from him given that both Pedro and Willian were benched for the last game.  Hints on the twitter conversation that he was up for a contract discussion, but it is an odd timing for that now.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Well I'm shocked he's surprised to be honest. 

He only needs to look at Ake, RLC and Chalobah. All three lightyears ahead of Musonda and they barely played last season. 

The madness that our squad is this season is primarily madness because we have chosen to enter a season with 3 AMs and 2 strikers. 

We needed at least  7 players in those positions. The perfect mix for me would have been;

Strikers:

Morata

Versatile striker such as Griezmann/Cavani

Bats

AMs:

Hazard

Pedro

Willian

AM4

The Times this morning

Chelsea have reprimanded Charly Musonda and reminded him that he chose to stay at the club this season after the Belgian forward appeared to complain about a lack of first-team chances under Antonio Conte.

Chelsea officials spoke to Musonda yesterday to remind him of the club’s social media policy as well as stressing that no player is guaranteed game time by Conte.

Well I have been a bit unfair about Musonda if this is true.  I assumed he stayed because he'd failed on two loans and it was his turn to make up the training numbers.  This suggests the club wanted to loan him out (which would have been best for him).  
If so I wonder which player would have been kept back instead?  Or perhaps no one.

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The Times this morning

Well I have been a bit unfair about Musonda if this is true.  I assumed he stayed because he'd failed on two loans and it was his turn to make up the training numbers.  This suggests the club wanted to loan him out (which would have been best for him).  
If so I wonder which player would have been kept back instead?  Or perhaps no one.

Probably Boga. I reckon it was always going to be one of the two. 

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Probably Boga. I reckon it was always going to be one of the two. 

Yes - very likely.  I see 6 starts out of 6 at Birmingham, even though they have lost 4 of those.  Normally the kind of conditions where the "not really part of the club"  loan players disappoint the most.  Sounds like he is doing well.