• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

paulw66   

Being pinickity but doesn't the thread need a new name? we haven't had a reserve side for about 15 years 

Sir   

Not really a rant or anything of the sorts but we are seemingly doing such amazing things with young players, and is it really just simple to say they are not/will not be good enough for the first team? None of them? So the Arsenal guy who scored two last night Nketiah was on our books? The U-17 England guy who recently scored a hatrick Brewster was also with us but like Solanke went and joined Liverpool... is there much reasoning behind this or is the theory about young players just thinking they won’t have a chance here so do the off? I mean I guess there are many different reasons for players coming and going etc I understand that, but just curious. Hell even Mbappe was with us at some point... don’t know what happened there.

55 minutes ago, Sir said:

The U-17 England guy who recently scored a hatrick Brewster was also with us but like Solanke went and joined Liverpool... is there much reasoning behind this or is the theory about young players just thinking they won’t have a chance here so do the off?

The Liverpool Echo has this:

Brewster was signed from Chelsea under the recommendation of former U23s boss Michael Beale.

Explaining the move, Brewster said: “I was at Chelsea from the age of seven to 14 but then I told them I wanted to look at my options because I didn’t see a pathway to become a first-team player there.

“There were a few clubs interested but once I knew Liverpool were one of them it was an easy choice.

“Liverpool is a club that does give young players opportunities and it’s a great feeling to play for this club.”

They sound rather formulaic words, much like Solanke said this year.  But we know that Solanke was more interested in money than starting (if not the terms that the press were suggesting).
At 14 players will move on elsewhere, it just happens.  At 14 JT was with West Ham.  We get a lot of our better youth players aged 14-16 from other clubs.  

Mbappe trained once with us, nothing more I think.

2 hours ago, Sir said:

Not really a rant or anything of the sorts but we are seemingly doing such amazing things with young players, and is it really just simple to say they are not/will not be good enough for the first team? None of them? So the Arsenal guy who scored two last night Nketiah was on our books? The U-17 England guy who recently scored a hatrick Brewster was also with us but like Solanke went and joined Liverpool... is there much reasoning behind this or is the theory about young players just thinking they won’t have a chance here so do the off? I mean I guess there are many different reasons for players coming and going etc I understand that, but just curious. Hell even Mbappe was with us at some point... don’t know what happened there.

Not sure a trial when aged 11 really constitutes being "with us"