• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Bloody hell , what a loss to football he'll be , he was great for us. RIP Dermot.

Ham   

Musonda and Ampadu start for the U23s in the  EFL Cup against Pompey.  Just started on Chelsea TV. Interesting to see how they get on. 

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Musonda and Ampadu start for the U23s in the  EFL Cup against Pompey.  Just started on Chelsea TV. Interesting to see how they get on. 

Sterling, Scott and Hudson-Odoi have also started so we should only expect to see senior players in the Arsenal game tomorrow.

jangz   

Musonda impressed me yesterday with his decision making.. No eagerness to make an impact, no undue risks to prove a point. I was watching him throughout the time he came on.. the way he drifted in to get the ball and the assist was delightful. I hope he gets an increased role and can prove himself to be a real option.. 

On matchday I heard joe Cole ravishing about him too apparently Joe was training with CFC. the last player Joe referred to us was Eden .. Also nice touch from him at the end about how he hopes Eden stays with us ..

Watching the development squad's impressive passage to the semis of the EFL trophy it's difficult to see why Ampadu has been singled out for such rapid advancement - T. Chalobah and Reece James are every bit as good and much more developed physically, as you'd expect.

Hudson-Odoi should make his first team debut this season and Kyle Scott desperately needs a loan. 

I can imagine lots more lovely articles criticising the club if the development squad makes it to a showpiece Wembley final.

Juni   

Yeah, but whenever you bring that Ampadu discussion up, people fight back with "yeah but Conte sees them in training and Ampadu's played well, so he must be right", forgetting that academy politics are very much a thing (extremely so in Chalobah's contract-afflicted situation), and that it's impossible for any of those to be better or at the very least as deserving of a chance.