• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

10 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Watching the development squad's impressive passage to the semis of the EFL trophy it's difficult to see why Ampadu has been singled out for such rapid advancement - T. Chalobah and Reece James are every bit as good and much more developed physically, as you'd expect.

Hudson-Odoi should make his first team debut this season and Kyle Scott desperately needs a loan. 

I can imagine lots more lovely articles criticising the club if the development squad makes it to a showpiece Wembley final.

I heard Goldstein on talk sport last night having a moan up saying it doesn't look good that a division 1 side (Oxford) lost to our under 21 team..couldn't bring himself to say congratulations 

2 hours ago, Never happy said:

I heard Goldstein on talk sport last night having a moan up saying it doesn't look good that a division 1 side (Oxford) lost to our under 21 team..couldn't bring himself to say congratulations 

He's a United supporter , he's probably worried Rashford will end up there.

Ham   
4 hours ago, Never happy said:

Actually it was virtually our youth team.  Our senior U21/23 players are out on loan. 

jones   

Mason Mount, who turned 19 this month, is starting to really establish himself in the Eredivisie for Vitesse. Just take a look at his 35 yard free kick here: http://thechels.net/2018/01/the-loan-report-january-22-28/

He was a slow starter, and at the end of November only had 7 sub appearances in the league, even if he had netted twice (and gotten 4+2 apps in the EL). Things changed when he started his first in the league on Nov 26, and since then he has played the full 90 of all 8 matches, scoring 3 and assisting 3. Very impressive.

Continue like that and PL loan beckons in the summer?

paulw66   
13 hours ago, jones said:

Mason Mount, who turned 19 this month, is starting to really establish himself in the Eredivisie for Vitesse. Just take a look at his 35 yard free kick here: http://thechels.net/2018/01/the-loan-report-january-22-28/

He was a slow starter, and at the end of November only had 7 sub appearances in the league, even if he had netted twice (and gotten 4+2 apps in the EL). Things changed when he started his first in the league on Nov 26, and since then he has played the full 90 of all 8 matches, scoring 3 and assisting 3. Very impressive.

Trouble is, what PL would take him. He is a small no.10 a position that a lot of teams in the bottom half don't play with. I can see another foreign loan being the best option. 

18 hours ago, jones said:

Nice goal.  I think the only surprise is that he took so long to get a permanent starting place for Vitesse.  He, and Hudson-Odoi are the reasons why no one is really bothered anymore about Musonda.

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nice goal.  I think the only surprise is that he took so long to get a permanent starting place for Vitesse.  He, and Hudson-Odoi are the reasons why no one is really bothered anymore about Musonda.

Speak for yourself.  I rate Musonda very highly. 

jones   

I'm with Droy on Musonda. Best case scenario for everyone involved is him tearing defenses apart in the SPL for the next 18 months and being sold to a good club for 25-30mp. Almost regardless of how good he is for them, is going to need another loan to properly stake a claim here. Will be 23 when he returns, and by then Hudson-Odoi, Mount or whoever is next in line will be before him. Don't think he will ever play for us again.

Rob B   
38 minutes ago, jones said:

I'm with Droy on Musonda. Best case scenario for everyone involved is him tearing defenses apart in the SPL for the next 18 months and being sold to a good club for 25-30mp. Almost regardless of how good he is for them, is going to need another loan to properly stake a claim here. Will be 23 when he returns, and by then Hudson-Odoi, Mount or whoever is next in line will be before him. Don't think he will ever play for us again.

Unfortunately I agree, which is why I’m surprised that we loaned him out for 18 months. 

Would personally have liked to have seen perhaps a 6 month loan to a Celtic type club, and then come back in the summer and go to a PL team for a year. 

I like Musonda, but being completely objective, maybe the club prefer any of Boga, Palmer and Hudson-Odoi, who all have very similar styles.

Ham   

We disagree on a lot of things on here but I think one thing we all agree on is how proud our under 18s make us all feel.

Youth cup final first leg is on Chelsea TV soon. Their aggregate score so far on the way to their 7th final in a row is 26-0.

Going for their 5th cup win in a row too.  Different level.