• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

40 minutes ago, jones said:

As big a Chelsea fan as all of us, this really is sad from Todd Kane:

“If I didn’t have my ACL injury I’d be in the first team,” said Kane. “I had meetings with the manager (Antonio Conte) and it was all in line to be involved. I had meetings with him and Michael (Emenalo, technical director) but that bad luck knocked me back."

I like Kane's continued efforts and wish him the best.  The ACL happened the April before Conte arrived, so I wouldn't read too much into the comments.  But a full season with Hull should be just what he needs.

I always hoped Kane would make the grade , always good when I saw him , with advances in sports medicine I'm sure he'll get back to his best and the Hull loan should be great for him hopefully.

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I like Kane's continued efforts and wish him the best.  The ACL happened the April before Conte arrived, so I wouldn't read too much into the comments.  But a full season with Hull should be just what he needs.

Yes slightly odd comment. Did he make the injury worse and hence was out for longer then first antidipated? I'd like to remember something alng those lines but still - why would Conte include Kane after a 9 month injury lay-off?

2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yes slightly odd comment. Did he make the injury worse and hence was out for longer then first antidipated? I'd like to remember something alng those lines but still - why would Conte include Kane after a 9 month injury lay-off?

I guess if I was the new manager of a club and introduced to a young man who had just done his ACL, I'd say something pretty positive to him too.  I chose my words carefully, Conte may well have said something, but it might not have meant very much.  The good thing about him is that wherever he has gone, he has almost always been a first team regular.