• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

29 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

And you think that discounts any statement made.

Discounts it - precisely, well put.  Saying something he is expected to say makes it meaningless.

20 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

https://africanfootball.com//news/760209/Ola-Aina-My-time-at-Torino-has-improved-me-as-a-player

“It’s definitely a higher level than the Championship."  - Ola Aina

You won't find a single player who's played in both the Championship and Serie A who'd claim the Championship is the stronger competition. 

It's 100% rubbish from Droy there.

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Discounts it - precisely, well put.  Saying something he is expected to say makes it meaningless.

Not if he is correct.

8 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

You won't find a single player who's played in both the Championship and Serie A who'd claim the Championship is the stronger competition. 

It's 100% rubbish from Droy there.

You didn't find me saying that either.

I said Aina would gain more from playing the Championship.  In Spain he could play 6 games against stronger teams and stronger players and 32 against teams that are not a challenge.  Italy it is a little better, Torino might play 10-14 games against decent oppo.  In the Championship there are over 40 tough games.

No one is claiming a Championship team could win Serie A or La Liga.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You didn't find me saying that either.

I said Aina would gain more from playing the Championship.  In Spain he could play 6 games against stronger teams and stronger players and 32 against teams that are not a challenge.  Italy it is a little better, Torino might play 10-14 games against decent oppo.  In the Championship there are over 40 tough games.

No one is claiming a Championship team could win Serie A or La Liga.

He's already played in the Championship. Playing in Italy gives him a chance to develop his game further. He's one of the few successes amongst the loan army this season.