• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You didn't find me saying that either.

I said Aina would gain more from playing the Championship.  In Spain he could play 6 games against stronger teams and stronger players and 32 against teams that are not a challenge.  Italy it is a little better, Torino might play 10-14 games against decent oppo.  In the Championship there are over 40 tough games.

No one is claiming a Championship team could win Serie A or La Liga.

No I hope you're not.

But you are claiming that the Championship is the better competition overall. That is clearly bs. 

Sciatika   

The problem is, as usual, what does "better" or "best" mean? Quality of play, the degree of competition, enjoyment to be had, spectacle, whatever.

6 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

No I hope you're not.

But you are claiming that the Championship is the better competition overall. That is clearly bs. 

No - you are claiming I said that.  Go back and check.

I claim that a player would get more games worth playing in the Championship than Serie A.  Getting stuffed at home by Napoli, and beating Frosinone (apparently a Serie A team) is doing Aina a fraction of the good an old fashioned 1-1 draw in the Championship would do.

GURJ SS   
23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I claim that a player would get more games worth playing in the Championship than Serie A.  Getting stuffed at home by Napoli, and beating Frosinone (apparently a Serie A team) is doing Aina a fraction of the good an old fashioned 1-1 draw in the Championship would do.

Aina going against the best quality possible is all that matters, Christensen benefited from it and RLC only started looking like a player worth giving a chance to once he was at Crystal Palace. Your example could be used in any league with any team, if Aina was loaned to a Championship team they could also be easily losing to bigger and better teams or thrashing a smaller team; then he'd just be playing your scenario out with less quality around him. A young player won't make it under Sarri because he battled it out for draws every week, he's more likely to make it under Sarri if he's able to follow tactics and learn how to play a chess type of football in both attack and defence, if he is able to dictate his area of the pitch (something that they won't get a chance to do in a battling average team); which is something Barkley and RLC must learn quickly if they're to have any sort of future at our club.

24 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Aina going against the best quality possible is all that matters, Christensen benefited from it and RLC only started looking like a player worth giving a chance to once he was at Crystal Palace.

I'd be fine with Germany (or obviously the Prem).

26 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Your example could be used in any league with any team, if Aina was loaned to a Championship team they could also be easily losing to bigger and better teams or thrashing a smaller team; then he'd just be playing your scenario out with less quality around him.

No - there really are few leagues with such variation as Serie A. At least amongst big countries.   And the Championship is probably the most competitive division in Europe.

32 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

A young player won't make it under Sarri because he battled it out for draws every week, he's more likely to make it under Sarri if he's able to follow tactics and learn how to play a chess type of football in both attack and defence, if he is able to dictate his area of the pitch (something that they won't get a chance to do in a battling average team);

This is a better argument.  But I think it is clear from the way promoted clubs perform in the Prem, that playing to a set of tactics is highly important in the Championship.  Sarri has his own set of chess openings, but it would be wrong to suggest Championship teams play without tactics that players have to adapt to.

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If you are trying to not make sense you are succeeding big time. 

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

If you are trying to not make sense you are succeeding big time. 

I'll stop responding to someone who only reads his own posts then

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'll stop responding to someone who only reads his own posts then

Well I think a far better way would be to start being a bit clearer in the points you make. I'm hardly the first person who struggle to follow your argumentation at times. 

So for clarity.... What is your point? Reading the below it's CLEAR you state that the Championship is the better overall competition. I'm stating that is clearly bullshit and nowhere near the truth. Now try to be a bit more specific if you want a serious debate. Playing the "that's not what I said card" only works that many times I'm afraid. 

Instead - clearly state what point you want to make. The point I'm making is that the Serie A is the better competition in whatever way you want to measure quality.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:14 PM, Droy was my hero said:

You didn't find me saying that either.

I said Aina would gain more from playing the Championship.  In Spain he could play 6 games against stronger teams and stronger players and 32 against teams that are not a challenge.  Italy it is a little better, Torino might play 10-14 games against decent oppo.  In the Championship there are over 40 tough games.

No one is claiming a Championship team could win Serie A or La Liga.