• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

4 minutes of highlights - but only the goals.  Soonsup-Bell gets 4 again - the fourth is pretty cheeky (about 2.30 in)

Thanks for that. Some absolute belters. Lewis Bate looks a genuine talent. Livramento looks scarily like Morata.

http://thechels.net/2020/11/fa-youth-cup-chelsea-8-1-barnsley/
Some more on the match.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Straight outta Cobham is genuinely becoming a thing. The future is already bright. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's an amazing job they're doing at Cobham, there's another three or four diamonds there. 

Watch and smile, but don't count your lottery tickets until they hatch.

9 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Quite a lot of talk about Jamal Musiala. Wonder why Chelsea let him go?

There does seem to be a lot of club picking at 16 by young talents.  We often benefit by getting players who till then have played at another club.  I doubt they are being let go to join us.
In this case Musiala and Bright Arrey-Mbi (the other recent BM debutant) are both actually German but came to UK while young.

I guess they decided to look around before turning pro and chose BM as the way to go.  They are free to make their own choices at 16 I believe.

I always thought that when a sporting director mentions another teams player by name, then that player is almost never the target, just an example of a type.
It would explain all the buzz about a young Chelsea player moving to BM.

• Like 1

We didn't let him go though. At 16, he was free to sign with whoever he wanted. And when he did go, in July of 2019, we did not have a remotely good record of bedding in Academy players. Can't blame him. 

paulw66   
21 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Quite a lot of talk about Jamal Musiala. Wonder why Chelsea let him go?

we didn't 

nor did we "let" Lamptey go

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Bridge Soldier said:

We didn't let him go though. At 16, he was free to sign with whoever he wanted. And when he did go, In July of 2019, we did not have a remotely good record of bedding in Academy players. Can't blame him. 

In July 2019 we had just appointed the former youth team coach as our assistant manager

I wonder how Solanke feels now playing in the championship watching Tammy lead the line 

43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In July 2019 we had just appointed the former youth team coach as our assistant manager

I wonder how Solanke feels now playing in the championship watching Tammy lead the line 

I'm not feeling for Solanke. A case of a youngster beeing convinced by his agent that he needs to ask for a lot more money than he was worth. I'm glad Chelsea didn't agree to be held ransom like that and now they have a great case to show similar youngsters next time it happens. 

Solanke will never amount to anything more than a Championship player. Too bad for him, no great loss for us.