• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

Just edited my response as I'd only seen part of the offence earlier and there was no mention of the Spurs player getting carded !

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/12/14/chelsea-3-2-tottenham--h----pl2-highlights-zZd2w2Rh
The club highlights

Included the double Red card incident and Cech looking rather woeful for their first two goals.  

It was a nasty 2 footed challenge but Drinkwater is doubly stupid.  First a kick out from the ground.  And then sticking his forehead into Devine face - as if this was still the 1970s.
Either justified a Red.

chara   

Watching the better video I wonder what the ref was doing as the "brawl" ...yeah right...seen nastier stuff in a checkout line!.....occured....yards away just watching.making no attempt to control the issues.....red for both of them seems right......unless you take the "Barnes" rule into account...only send off the retaliator......

16 minutes ago, chara said:

Watching the better video I wonder what the ref was doing as the "brawl" ...yeah right...seen nastier stuff in a checkout line!.....occured....yards away just watching.making no attempt to control the issues.....red for both of them seems right......unless you take the "Barnes" rule into account...only send off the retaliator......

I would have liked the ref to see the two footed 100 mph double footed tackle and blow up immediately for a red card not adopt a watching brief as the chaos errupted around the hapless Drinkwater.

I think the poor old soul needs help and lots of it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I would have liked the ref to see the two footed 100 mph double footed tackle and blow up immediately for a red card not adopt a watching brief as the chaos errupted around the hapless Drinkwater.

Ref:  yes.  Definitely an incident that could have been pre-empted by a more experienced ref or linesmen.

DD actually that fact that he was picked is good news.  And not the worst Red card to get.  For example Matic's Red against Burnley didn't harm his reputation at the club.  Nor should this for DD.

chara   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Spot on Mark.....did you mean DD or the ref?...or both?

Seriously had that been a top tier game with a crowd I shudder to think of the consequences...thankfully not but surely the refs are given instructions on dealing with incidents?

I assume refs at that level are endevouring to rise in the job and are full time?...... anyone know?

10 minutes ago, chara said:

I assume refs at that level are endevouring to rise in the job and are full time?...... anyone know?

In the days before u23, big name players had to be kept out of Reserve games, even when recovering from injury, because there were too many amateur refs determined to stick a big name in their little black book.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/12/19/pl2-report--chelsea-man-united?cardIndex=0-2

Pleasing result for the U23s at home to Man U.  6-1.
Anjorin a star.  Cracking goal by Soonsup-Bell (16) who seems to be coming on a storm at all levels.  The other Tino Livramento is a star too.  The two Lewises seem like relations to Billy Gilmour, small, very active with a lot of energy.  Lewis Bate and Marcel Lewis that is.
And Baba Rahman played 70 mins too, good to see.  Rumours of a loan for him in January - championship I read.

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/12/19/pl2-report--chelsea-man-united?cardIndex=0-2

Pleasing result for the U23s at home to Man U.  6-1.
Anjorin a star.  Cracking goal by Soonsup-Bell (16) who seems to be coming on a storm at all levels.  The other Tino Livramento is a star too.  The two Lewises seem like relations to Billy Gilmour, small, very active with a lot of energy.  Lewis Bate and Marcel Lewis that is.
And Baba Rahman played 70 mins too, good to see.  Rumours of a loan for him in January - championship I read.

Watching the highlights for a minute I thought I was watching a young Peter Osgood dancing on the edge of the area.before scoring...deja vu indeed.

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Watching the highlights for a minute I thought I was watching a young Peter Osgood dancing on the edge of the area.before scoring...deja vu indeed.

I don't recall Ossie doing that many step-overs - asking for trouble in those days.  :)