• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Svend   

I watched it, he was playing at right back, apart from getting caught only once during a counter attack he was solid through the 45 mins he was on , being brought on as a 45 mins Romania didn't score when he was on, his distrubution was good , kinda reminded me of Terrys, good in the set peices, so I say he did good, enough to make Pearce want him in his next squad.

Btw shows what a joke the Chelsea website is, with this great peace of journalism,

Michael Mancienne was an unused substitute for England Under-21s in their 1-1 draw with Romania after earning his first call up to the squad.

Amazing, could well be a typo , but still. This was from here

P.s

England

Joe Hart (Ben Alnwick, 46), Craig Gardner (Michael Mancienne, 46), Nedum Onuoha ©, David Wheater, Martin Cranie, Michael Kightly (Adam Johnson, 46), Michael Johnson (Tom Huddlestone, 65), Mark Noble (Fabrice Muamba, 65), Theo Walcott, Matt Derbyshire (James Milner, 78), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Luke Moore, 78)

Sub not used: Dexter Blackstock

Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. England team

Edited by Svend

Svend   

All three Chelsea boys played England under 17 thrasing of New Zeleand,

Tawio a second half sub for Woods in 60 min, Ofoori playing full 90 mins.

I watched the whole game, England up 4-0 in first half, Woods played very well, Ofori was very impressive as well down the right, Tawio still looks a bit slow and out of place, but he contributed good 30 mins in second half.

hanuma   
I agree, but youth team success has a very low priority. The emphasis is on fast-track individual development: youth team to reserves to loan spell to fist team squad or the boot. Every season is marked by significant youth team squad changes with little chance of developing team understanding and team peformance suffers as a consequence.

Maybe, but the more talent we get in the less fast tracking there will or even can be and teams will be able to stick together for longer. For example, at an arguably stronger academy (at one of the top clubs like Liverpool) I'm not sure someone like Sam Hutchinson would be so close to the first team, probably only just breaking into regular reserve team football.

syza   
I watched it, he was playing at right back, apart from getting caught only once during a counter attack he was solid through the 45 mins he was on , being brought on as a 45 mins Romania didn't score when he was on, his distrubution was good , kinda reminded me of Terrys, good in the set peices, so I say he did good, enough to make Pearce want him in his next squad.

Btw shows what a joke the Chelsea website is, with this great peace of journalism,

Amazing, could well be a typo , but still. This was from here

P.s

Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. England team

They edited it now to;

Michael Mancienne, currently on loan at QPR, was a half-time substitute for England Under-21s in their 1-1 draw with Romania. It was the 19-year-old defender's first appearance at this level having been called into the squad for the first time by Stuart Pearce. Both goals came prior to his introduction.

Mancienne gave a solid display at Right Back. I think it was once when he was caught but other than that it was an assured performance from him. His distribution was alright though he wasn't too inclined to go forward in attack. He is more of a center-back than a right back so I think he would surely get a chance for U-21's in central defence.

Karan   
Congratulations to Michael Mancienne, who made his debut for the England u21s tonight.

Rhys Taylor, 17, also made his debut in goal for Wales U21s at HT. Wales beat Sweden 4-3.

Juni   

At half time? Good to hear, all of Sweden's goals came in the first half.

Rhys looks really strange since he shaved his head, will take a little getting used to.

Karan   

Nice and interesting interview with Brendan Rodgers, Reserve Team manager on the official site.

TOCFCWS - Brendan Rodgers Interview

'I work with the manager [José Mourinho] so he can put players down into the reserves both in terms of training and playing but because I was also an academy director at my old club, Reading, I understand that processes.

'That is what we are trying to do, get a player a year in. Our job is not getting one into the squad every four or five years but we are operating at world class level. So if we can get one in there a year, we are doing okay. It is as simple as that and now it is up to us to work away and get the next player in. Everyone at the club is striving to make sure that vision happens.'