• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Khobar   

Got to say, by far the better team won (if they did indeed win - broadcast went off with a few minutes left and they started chatting about the NIreland v USA match lol.

Any kind of Chelsea win is good. I think we sometimes forget that we have more than one team...

Yes,I'm confused by the broadcast and thought there should have some minutes left. The result is Barca 1:0 Chelsea. Overall, Barca kept the ball better and passed well, good skill, more dangerous. Chelsea Team hardly have clear chances, fair result.

I'm wondering do the scouts want to keep eye on some young players from other countries (Spain,Portugal,France maybe?) in which normally player are more skillful and used to possession game.

It finished 1-0 to Barcelona, but I've no real grievances about the result - Barcelona were technically superior to us by a long distance, and far in advance of the teams we beat en route to the final. A lot of their players look to have a huge amount of potential, and I shall certainly be looking out for them in the next few years to see how they develop.

A lot of positives came out of the tournament for Chelsea though. This was our first ever Milk Cup, and until we faced Barcelona, we looked very comfortable. Our youth team has been a mockery in recent times, but over the past two seasons the improvement has been hugely substancial and that is evident in our performances in this tournament. Like Barca, we too have several players with bright futures ahead of them, and this run in the Milk Cup will do them no harm at all.

I'm looking forward to the FA Youth Cup this year more than any, I think we could have a decent run at the very least this time around.

This is a good cup. And we have some very good young players. Surprised Elmer was not involved, though he has been on International duty with the Swiss youths. Scott Sinclair and Michael Mancienne are the two really big prospects I think. Any thoughts?

mo_k   

Well, We have to be pleased that our kids got this far, and lost to a great team. Overall, I see many great prospects and hope that these players can becaome the next big thing!

KB49   

didn't really see much of the Tourniment, but have been following your posts. From what I hear these youngsters are following, and I think Michael Mancienne has played for England at youth levels, good years to come, these boys are the future!!

Faramir   

Well done Chelsea youth! It is good to see our youth policy is showing signs of improvement. It will be nice if we can produce a couple of players who become good enough to make the Chelsea squad/team in a few years.