• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Yes I did. It sounds like Paul Clement and the writer were actually quite pleased by the result.

I say this in the hope that a few people who watch them regularly (not me) will stand up for the youth and reserve players. When I look simply at the results and the money spent on them, it seems that our youth investment (possibly excluding Sinclair) has been a complete waste of money.

It's coming on slowly, There are a couple of lads that have the chance to make it given the right opportunities although there is alot of deadwood currently on the books the likes of Pettigrew, Cummings, Simmonds and Grant are shocking! Barely good enough for League 2 let alone us but we have the likes of Sinclair, Mancienne, Sawyer, Hutchinson (Not been at his best this season sadly), Woods and Kakuta who could actually make that step up, you could put Rhys Taylor in there aswell, he makes some sensational saves every now and then although he's been left a little exposed this season. Kakuta has impressed me no end since he arrived, He's had as big if not a bigger impact since arriving than Scott Sinclair and if the players actually put away half of the chances he creates for both the youth team and the reserve team he'd be the top assister at the club without a doubt.

I don't see what all the fuss was about with Sergio Tejera, He's been utter pish since he arrived and bar his set pieces he might aswell not even be on the pitch as far as I'm concerned.

db12d1   

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage...1192184,00.html

SOUTHAMPTON YOUTH 3 CHELSEA YOUTH 1

Jacob Mellis scored. Tom Taiwo sent off.

They saying that Chelsea played better in the second half against team with 3 u19 international.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage...1193089,00.html

Chelsea's Academy side will be heading stateside later this month to compete in Disney's Soccer Showcase, America's most prestigious youth soccer tournament, which features some 400 clubs.

victor   

What do you think about the israeli Ben Sahar? On my opinion this boy can be a star in the furture and help the Blues to conquer all the titles we deserve!

What do you think about the israeli Ben Sahar? On my opinion this boy can be a star in the furture and help the Blues to conquer all the titles we deserve!

PLyed 5 games last year and IMO impressed and unlucky not to get a couple of goals, but his loan at QPR has been a ruin and his attitude stinks. Don`t listen to your mom, Ben!

Next round of FA Youth Cup is against Shrewsbury who beat Newcastle 1-0 at St. James' Park last night.

A number of posters are wondering whether a youngster can take Ben Haim's position as a fourth choice CB. Personally, I know little of them.

Does anyone here who has seen them play, or kept up on their progress, know of any youngster ready for such a role? Who they'd trust as a one who could give what Ben Haim can give, and while would undoubtedly would make some mistakes but can learn from them? Also, with Terry gone for a while, Carvalho injured for awhile, and the possibilities that Alex and Carvalho might have injuries, the youngster will be expected to play occasionally and not merely warm the bench.

It's easy to throw names if one isn't familiar with them, but from those who are familiar with them, do they have any views? Names that spring to mind are Hutchinson, Mancienne and Rajkovic. Mancienne is on loan, but hypothetically from the last one has seen, I ask the same question. Rajkovic might be better known from one watching the Eredivisie. Any other youngster?

A number of posters are wondering whether a youngster can take Ben Haim's position as a fourth choice CB. Personally, I know little of them.

Does anyone here who has seen them play, or kept up on their progress, know of any youngster ready for such a role? Who they'd trust as a one who could give what Ben Haim can give, and while would undoubtedly would make some mistakes but can learn from them? Also, with Terry gone for a while, Carvalho injured for awhile, and the possibilities that Alex and Carvalho might have injuries, the youngster will be expected to play occasionally and not merely warm the bench.

It's easy to throw names if one isn't familiar with them, but from those who are familiar with them, do they have any views? Names that spring to mind are Hutchinson, Mancienne and Rajkovic. Mancienne is on loan, but hypothetically from the last one has seen, I ask the same question. Rajkovic might be better known from one watching the Eredivisie. Any other youngster?

Just briefly as there are others far better qualified to comment -

Mancienne (19) - has had quite a few injuries during his time at QPR but is generally thought of as a cornerstone of their defence. Rumours that he was going to move there permenantly are hopefully untrue. He's never been tested in the Premiership and I think it would take an excellent second half of the season for QPR to put him in line for Ben Haim's position. Should also bring him a starting place in the U21s.

Hutchinson (18) - England U19 captain but again he's been injured quite a lot this autumn and also has the question hanging over him of whether he's a right back or a centre half. Mourinho thought that he might be too short for the centre.

Rajkovic (18) - His loan move doesn't seem to have worked out perfectly so far as he hasn't played that much and has been inconsistent when he has been on the field.

Worley (19) - On the bench for the Community Shield but really only because he was last man standing. Has a trial at Charlton but didn't do enough to win a loan move and then only played one game for Carlisle on loan. Has lost his way a bit, possibly because he was going out with a girl from Big Brother?

The other options would be:

Magnay (18) - The football icon winner who has impressed but has played less football than most people of his age so might need another year at the club.

van Aanholt (17) - Plays at left back and in the centre, perhaps a bit young but very talented and played a few friendly games with PSV's first team at the end of last season.