• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Just seen the final score for this game and the scoreline suggests another impressive performance from the young players. Interesting to see if Sinclair made the scoresheet again once the report is up on the official website.

PhilH930   

Me too, I am taking much greater interest in our youth team this season as we have some exciting prospects emerging. Another very good result.

quote:Originally posted by PhilH930

Me too, I am taking much greater interest in our youth team this season as we have some exciting prospects emerging. Another very good result.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Agreed. I have been following their results closely and when I go to London between 26 dec-1jan for the Fulham(h), ManC(a) and Brum(h) games I'll do my outmost to catch a youth game as well. Anyone knows if that's possible?

Also Jimmy Smith in the reserves seems to have been very successful so far this season. Has anyone actually seen him play?

quote:Originally posted by David80

Agreed. I have been following their results closely and when I go to London between 26 dec-1jan for the Fulham(h), ManC(a) and Brum(h) games I'll do my outmost to catch a youth game as well. Anyone knows if that's possible?

id="quote">

id="quote">

I believe home games are played at Cobham so doubt you can watch.

quote:Originally posted by Gary Stone
quote:Originally posted by David80

id="quote">

id="quote">

I believe home games are played at Cobham so doubt you can watch.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Cheers Gary. That's really a shame. I had otherwise looked forward to see them at close range.

I saw a youth tournament here in Copenhagen this summer where among other WBA's youth team were present. They were actually not that bad! But Heerenveen were by far the most superior team present. They were simply awesome!

So this is something I think needs changing. Following all facets of the club and watch players take the long walk from youth, to reserve to first team is something that is the charm with football. To see a young lad develop like Terry did for example. Why not allow any spectators for the youth team matches? Surely we could watch them pre-Roman? Can we still watch the reserve ream?

Thanks for your help.

doober   
quote:Originally posted by grantdesmidt11

I too have been keeping an eye on the results of our youth team. Scotty Sinclair is gonna be a star!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Sinclair will be the youth team's equivalent of Carlton Cole a few seasons back when he scored about 40 goals for us. Hope he and the rest continue to play well and hope to see them iin the future at Chelsea!

winter10   

Does anyone know where our youth team and reserve team are in their leagues? Also does anybody have links to websites where you can view this information? Thanks.