• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Codger   

From the OCFCWS

Tribunal sets fees for youth players

Wednesday, Nov 09, 2005

"The Football League Appeals Committee has set the three transfer fees that Chelsea has to pay for the youth team players signed during summer."

REad the full article on the Chelsea FC web site.

A little high, IMO, I though, £50/60 grand would have been fair with extras etc. I suppose if you want the best...buy them young and pay low, in comparison to fees for Essien and pals...

Putting the figures in perspective, if only one ends up completing 40 first team games then the total cost will be £1.025m (assuming all the initial fees, they all play at least one 1st team game and one completes 40 games) which is about the cost of Drogba's hand or 1/5 of Petr Cech. Better than paying 6m for a temparamental teenager who goes off puching walls when he doesn't get his way....

sambo   

Potentially £600k total for a 'home-grown' player who plays 40 1st team games isn't too bad.

If we can make future JT's or SFL's out of them those fees will seem pretty small!

64blue   

Thanks for that. Do you know if this is more or less what we wanted to pay for these players?

How much is this kid from Southampton now worth?£6 mill was the last figure I heard.

Fair enough I think.