• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

These fees are still quite high in my opinion, but I suppose if all three become good enough for the first team squad of 24 the fees will look very reasonable.

Lazza   

A bit concerned as to one aspect of this, yet again it's official that we are involved in an "illegal approach". http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/051109/1/eu70.html

Hey, I'm not naive and I know what goes on etc but it's not too great for our image if we are continually in the press and before the FA for this sort of thing.

ChAoS   

Scotty Sinclair is the deal man!! 11 games 7 goals, what a bargain. Keep your feet on the ground man scott, and you will suceed 1 day. Hope harry can become the next JT.

TeRiYaKi   

The maximum compensation fee we would have to pay is:

Ryan Bertrand - £775k (125 + 50 + (4 x 100) + 200)

Harry Worley - £800k (150 + 50 + (4 x 100) + 200)

Scott Sinclair - £950k (200 + 50 + (4 x 125) + 200)

Plus 15% on next sale.

If the youth player isn't good enough for our first team then we'll only end up paying approximately £158k for him which is okay. If he turns out to be first team material then we end up paying approximately £842k, and given that we could probably fetch a bare minimum of £4 mil for say Huth or Johnson I think these compensation fees are fair.

Kristina   

I cannot really talk about the commensurateness and proportionality of these specific figures.

However, it's certainly justified that the clubs have to pay fees.

I don't think that there is any reason to complain.

quote:Originally posted by Paul Mcgoochan

How much is this kid from Southampton now worth?£6 mill was the last figure I heard.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Theo Walcott is supposed to be the focus of a 8m bid from us, he's scoring fairly regularly for Soton but its alot of money for a 16yr old. Put is this context, maybe Sinclair's fee is cheap.

alby   

The up front component of the fees seems a bit high - would the tribunal have made such a high ruling if the buying club was anyone other than us?

OzzyCFC   

Does anyone know if the international component is just senior internationals or does it include u/17's u/21's etc?