• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

> The maximum compensation fee we would have to pay is

Yes, and the one factor not mentioned here is that the totals for each (after 40 first team games) would be over a minimum of 5 years and more likely up to 8 from their current age of 16.

> it's official that we are involved in an "illegal approach".

It's not official. It's not even true. The piece is badly written and conflates a claim by the selling club with the settlement of a figure at the tribunal as if it was this claim that went in their favour. A figure was arrived at - that's all. No-one was suggesting we wouldn't pay something - just that I think we offered £85k upfront and £85k later.

Putting the Walcott stories into this context, we can see the £5m upfront, £3m later claims are a little far-fetched to say the least.

quote:Originally posted by TeRiYaKi

The maximum compensation fee we would have to pay is:

Ryan Bertrand - £775k (125 + 50 + (4 x 100) + 200)

Harry Worley - £800k (150 + 50 + (4 x 100) + 200)

Scott Sinclair - £950k (200 + 50 + (4 x 125) + 200)

Plus 15% on next sale.

If the youth player isn't good enough for our first team then we'll only end up paying approximately £158k for him which is okay. If he turns out to be first team material then we end up paying approximately £842k, and given that we could probably fetch a bare minimum of £4 mil for say Huth or Johnson I think these compensation fees are fair.

id="quote">

id="quote">

The 15% on next sale stipulation is ridiculous...

But I suppose it would help to fund and keep smaller clubs alive.

Bear in mind that these are just in essence 'transfer fees.' We are yet to factor in wages, signing on bonuses, agents fees, win bonuses, trophy bonuses.

It's a money business baby!

*sucks on lollipop in a Telly Savalas style*

*70's whacka whacka music starts with lots of Wah pedal and tippy tap high-hat*

quote:Originally posted by gronkjaer77

Bear in mind that these are just in essence 'transfer fees.' We are yet to factor in wages, signing on bonuses, agents fees, win bonuses, trophy bonuses.

It's a money business baby!

*sucks on lollipop in a Telly Savalas style*

*70's whacka whacka music starts with lots of Wah pedal and tippy tap high-hat*

id="quote">

id="quote">

You sucka baby!

kembo   

No doubt they are thrilled, if they come good great. However,I would rather we develop our own youngsters.

dooder12   

Chelsea youth team beat Arsenals youth team 3-1 today. Seems that the youth setup is taking real shape. I thought Wenger was supposed to have all the best young talent ;)?

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=...sub=latest+news

Cork and Furman from the start and Sinclair and Watkins as subs appeared in that reserve game I saw last week - a level up. While the latter two got nowhere in particular, Cork was decent at reserve level and Furman was the best player on the park.

Of course, I'd expect both Grant and Diarra to be well ahead of him, but there's depth and competition for this position.

TeRiYaKi   
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

It is encouraging news reading about our Youth set-up. Especially with the recoup we got on that 16 year old from Eastern Europe over the weekend.

id="quote">

id="quote">I hope this is only the beginning though, and that we don't stop until our youth team dominates Barcelona's and whomever else's.

Having the best youth system will ensure a stream of quality players, and with any luck some of them will prove to be world class. Definitely much cheaper to grow than to buy =p

quote:Originally posted by TeRiYaKi

Definitely much cheaper to grow than to buy =p

id="quote">

id="quote">

Not that buying bothers us...