• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Jim   

I'd rather see the Youth games on CFC tv as we are making a concerted effort in getting some quality into that area, watching the reserves can be very painful at times and I'd be suprised if any of them will have a future at Chelsea as most are trying to catch the eye of lower league scouts.

quote:Originally posted by Jim

I'd rather see the Youth games on CFC tv as we are making a concerted effort in getting some quality into that area, watching the reserves can be very painful at times and I'd be suprised if any of them will have a future at Chelsea as most are trying to catch the eye of lower league scouts.

id="quote">

id="quote">I totally agree. I slavishly watch the reserves on Chelsea TV, but rarely see the end since its so dire most of the time. There are a number of players who are simply no-hopers.

I look forward to next season and the one after when I hope to see some of the talented youngsters taking paert on a regulaer basis.

Ali   

Oh what fun it is to see a*senal lose away :P, I'm glad our youth beat their wee boys. Let's see what excuse they've got lined up this time :)

TeRiYaKi   
quote:Originally posted by Glen Pawsey
quote:Originally posted by TeRiYaKi

Definitely much cheaper to grow than to buy =p

id="quote">

id="quote">

Not that buying bothers us...

id="quote">

id="quote">

That's true, but if we can grow world class players then it's better than breaking transfer records. I'm still bitter about our youth losing to Barcelona in the finals, hopefully by next year we've collected/trained enough talent to dominate the Milk Cup!

With our new state of the art training ground and an inflow of top shelf youths one can only imagine how good we will become in a few years.

Congratulations! Nice to see that Chelsea has a good Youth team. Hope that some of them will get in the 1. team one time.

quote:Originally posted by Arjen Robben

The Reserves also won tonight, 1-0 against Portsmouth.

id="quote">

id="quote">They did and an excellent performance too; against a far more experienced Pompey side.

If there's one player likely to make the grade its Fillipe Morais. very fast and confident right winger. Just needs to work on his crosses and shooting. He beat two defenders before being brought down and earning the freekick that led to the goal.

colin   

According to the press here in South East Asia, reserve players James and Phil Younghusband are going to be turning out for the Philippines when they meet Thailand in their opening match of the SEA Games football tournament later today. Apparently they qualify to play for the country because their mum is Filipino.

This was mentioned on one of the News items at the official site a couple days ago...can't seem to find it though.

Anyways, I wasn't aware they were from the Philippines (or their mom at least). Mind keeping a tab on things and telling us if anything excitng happens colin? :)