• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

quote:Originally posted by colin

According to the press here in South East Asia, reserve players James and Phil Younghusband are going to be turning out for the Philippines when they meet Thailand in their opening match of the SEA Games football tournament later today. Apparently they qualify to play for the country because their mum is Filipino.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Looks like I might have a chance then ;)

Kristina   

I haven't seen them playing yet, but I'm quite impressed with their surname.

Are you a striker or a midfielder, Matt? It is rumoured that you are already invited to the Philippines, aren't you?

quote:Originally posted by Bazzablue
quote:Originally posted by Arjen Robben

The Reserves also won tonight, 1-0 against Portsmouth.

id="quote">

id="quote">They did and an excellent performance too; against a far more experienced Pompey side.

If there's one player likely to make the grade its Fillipe Morais. very fast and confident right winger. Just needs to work on his crosses and shooting. He beat two defenders before being brought down and earning the freekick that led to the goal.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I saw that result. A superb showing because Pompey had Diao, Cisse, Primus, Karades, Mbesuma, Skopelitis, Westerfeld etc. all playing. Well done lads!

WPAULWIN   
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

I wonder if the Younghusbands will end up being like the Charltons or will they end up like the Nevilles?

id="quote">

id="quote">

There're not ugly enough to be like the Nevilles

quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

I wonder if the Younghusbands will end up being like the Charltons or will they end up like the Nevilles?

id="quote">

id="quote">

If they end up having careers as successful as either of these pairs then it'll be a result. Does Jack Charlton ever do anything in the football world anymore? You see Bobby acting in an official capacity with some ex team of his from Manchester all the time.

quote:Originally posted by Kristina

I haven't seen them playing yet, but I'm quite impressed with their surname.

Are you a striker or a midfielder, Matt? It is rumoured that you are already invited to the Philippines, aren't you?

id="quote">

id="quote">

I'll play anywhere for the cause Kristina, although I prefer an Eidur style, deep attacking role.

When I go over, I'll talk to some relatives, and see what the games were like.

colin   

Update on Philippines first game. They lost 1-0 to Thailand but it's not too shabby a result seeing that the Thai's are the favourites and Philippines are generally regarded as no-hopers.

By all accounts, the Younghusband brothers did make a difference to the Filipinos, who are usually the whipping boys at competitions like the SEA Games.

http://www.footballasia.com/en/news/index....&mth=11&yr=2005